What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I haven't read a bad review of these yet. Most people say they are sharp. I would be pleased if they are at least in the Gillette Platinum vicinity.

If you need enabling, these Dorco Prime Platinums are at $7.55 on AMZ right now when purchased from the "Diane" store.

IMG_20240523_125700447.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't read a bad review of these yet. Most people say they are sharp. I would be pleased if they are at least in the Gillette Platinum vicinity.

If you need enabling, these Dorco Prime Platinums are at $7.55 on AMZ right now when purchased from the "Diane" store.

View attachment 1850974
They are on the bottom of the top tier of sharpness for me. Pretty good for $7.55 and GREAT if you do not need any more sharpness.

Personna med preps. Because I don't trust the folks that are screaming and hollering that the Accu-whatever are "the very same blade". I didn't trust Walter Kronkite when he said Oswald whacked JFK, and I turned out to be right. So I'm pretty sure someone's lying about the Accutecks also. So I grabbed a few hundred. Thinking about grabbing a few hundred more.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
They arrived today, the bulk KCG blades I posted about above. Too late to try out but here's a few photos. They definitely went with the minimalist look with the tucks, I took a photo of any and all markings. Are they legit? All I can say at this point is that the blade markings and plain white wrapper paper are identical with the Chinese made KCGs I have in the usual retail pack.
View attachment 1814199

Okay. Thanks. Pulled the trigger. I have only tried the Russian KCG blades and love them. Hopefully these are good too.

Finally got to try these Chinese KCG blades. They were quite good in the R89. Smooth and sharp. A most pleasurable shave.

2024-05-23 06.25.16-1.jpeg

Got a link?

Cool. They show as in stock, but I can't figure out how to add them to my cart.

Edit: NVM, seems orders are by phone and they deliver by truck to: Harmanli, Lyubimets, Svilengrad, Galabovo, Radnevo, Madzharovo, Kardzhali, Ardino, Nedelino, Stara Zagora, Nova Zagora. I am far from there. Good luck with your blades!

Last edited:
Cool. They show as in stock, but I can't figure out how to add them to my cart.

Edit: NVM, seems orders are by phone and they deliver by truck to: Harmanli, Lyubimets, Svilengrad, Galabovo, Radnevo, Madzharovo, Kardzhali, Ardino, Nedelino, Stara Zagora, Nova Zagora. I am far from there. Good luck with your blades!
Orders for the cities you have specified are carried out directly by the merchant's personal transport.
But retail orders for other cities are done with a courier company. Delivery within the country takes 1 day and costs $2.50. The order can only be made by phone! After I did it, I got the blades the next day.

Edit - Added: I neglected to say that for the same price of about $7, BiC Astor blades are also available, for 100 units

I have also bought from this company that offers the same blades but $1 more expensive.

Not sure if any of them ship outside the country though.

Last edited:
200 Flydear blades
PXL_20240526_201110633.jpg

Why? Because they're decent blades and I finally figured out how to use coins on AliExpress to get the advertised discount. I kept seeing "get an extra 37% off with coins" but always seemed to only get 2%. But once I found out how to use them I was able to get the discount. Had to buy 2 to get free shipping, but that hit a coin limit, so it ended up being closer to $30% off, but still, not bad at all.

$8.22 total with tax (and free shipping) for 200 blades.

200 Flydear blades
View attachment 1852707
Why? Because they're decent blades and I finally figured out how to use coins on AliExpress to get the advertised discount. I kept seeing "get an extra 37% off with coins" but always seemed to only get 2%. But once I found out how to use them I was able to get the discount. Had to buy 2 to get free shipping, but that hit a coin limit, so it ended up being closer to $30% off, but still, not bad at all.

$8.22 total with tax (and free shipping) for 200 blades.
I paid something like $13.75 for 300 FlyDears shipped, so good job. The best time to buy blades from AliExpress is during the first five days of each month when they run their sales event. If you get into the Chinese CNC razors, there are big discounts during the 11/11 holiday sale.

Last edited:
Top Bottom