What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Perma-sharp 100 pack. My first and only(so far) 100 blade purchase. Although I have over 100 other blades in 5-10 blade counts. 118 more coming from RBC.

Why? This is the only blade I've found that works well in every razor I have. More consistent results than other blades I've tried. And the price on amazon was dropped from $18 or so to $9.80 for the "last in stock" after I had already been looking and considering getting the full pack. It was a no-brainer. Funny how it instantly replenishes after the "last" pack is bought. Amazon is weird.

I'm curious why they're $34 on Razor Emporium but so cheap on Amazon. These are Russian blades that I received, just as the sample I originally had was. Not sure if these are still being made and if so, where at. Would love to hear from someone about this.

I'm curious why they're $34 on Razor Emporium but so cheap on Amazon. These are Russian blades that I received, just as the sample I originally had was. Not sure if these are still being made and if so, where at. Would love to hear from someone about this.
The stocks of these are drying up, the $10 "sale" version may be a pallet of these coming over from the middle east where there still may be some stock of these (and they sell for ~$3-4 a sleeve). When the $10 sleeves show up, they sell out immediately, which makes me think places like RE are involved in some arbitrage.

Or

They are still produced in Russia for the ME market and all this buying is speculative due to perceived shortages. Time will tell, but if they are your perfect blade, pick up some more if they again hit $10 and even at the $19 price they are pretty affordable.

Some other good blades:

The stocks of these are drying up, the $10 "sale" version may be a pallet of these coming over from the middle east where there still may be some stock of these (and they sell for ~$3-4 a sleeve). When the $10 sleeves show up, they sell out immediately, which makes me think places like RE are involved in some arbitrage.

Or

They are still produced in Russia for the ME market and all this buying is speculative due to perceived shortages. Time will tell, but if they are your perfect blade, pick up some more if they again hit $10 and even at the $19 price they are pretty affordable.

Some other good blades:

If your referring to the Perma-Sharp blades, they are no longer in production in ST Petersburg and the stock that is being sold out there is excess from when they were run in the past. There are currently only 2 blades still being mfg'd in Russia with Sputnik being one and Voskhod being the other...

If your referring to the Perma-Sharp blades, they are no longer in production in ST Petersburg and the stock that is being sold out there is excess from when they were run in the past. There are currently only 2 blades still being mfg'd in Russia with Sputnik being one and Voskhod being the other...

Do we have good confirmation of that? Many of Gillette's brands were moved out of the PPI plant, but has anyone received Perma-Sharps from elsewhere?

Voskhod is produced at the Mostoglesmash plant, so not a Gillette collaboration, is Sputnik too?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Gillette already has some Permasharps made in India and they have green tucks

IMG_1506.jpeg

Do we have good confirmation of that? Many of Gillette's brands were moved out of the PPI plant, but has anyone received Perma-Sharps from elsewhere?

Voskhod is produced at the Mostoglesmash plant, so not a Gillette collaboration, is Sputnik too?
I stand corrected that the Sputnik and the Gillette Rubie are the only blades made in the PPI plant anymore. I'm sure, the same as Wizamet's, there are pallets out there from what was made in Russia that are still sitting waiting to be sold around the world and vendors are going to milk the public for all its worth!!

My recent 400 Perma-sharp purchase this month are still made in Russia.

Date code: 24 Nov. 2022

IMG_8902.jpeg

I stand corrected that the Sputnik and the Gillette Rubie are the only blades made in the PPI plant anymore. I'm sure, the same as Wizamet's, there are pallets out there from what was made in Russia that are still sitting waiting to be sold around the world and vendors are going to milk the public for all its worth!!
So, Rubie will still be made? They are right around PM and Nacet for me. Where did you get this info?

So, Rubie will still be made? They are right around PM and Nacet for me. Where did you get this info?
There was someone that was from Russia that used to post here that confirmed that info. The Sputnik and Rubie were originally made for the Russian market and if you wanted any you had to import them at one time but are still made in the PPI factory in St Petersburg.

Top Bottom