What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I’ve heard lots about these, and wanted to try them, so found 100, then saw a good price for 200, then saw they were cheaper if I bought these 😝:

Oh my goodness I've lost count. You are in deep my friend!

Since I have so much fun comparing different blades, and generally get 20 - 30 shaves out of any blade that's decent, I told myself I would never purchase a 100 pack. But I succumbed just yesterday. We've got a friend of the family who is a gifted runner, in contention for setting some state High School records this spring. I purchased one of the Gillette Heritage cased razors when they were on sale cheap recently, and it'll be a high school graduation gift for him in May. I will pair it with Racer blades, especially since he kinda resembles the guy on the package. I was gonna buy just two tucks, but 100 blades for $7.99 shipped was too good to pass up:
1611587227274.png

I'm really only buying them for the artwork. But I think I've seen some good reviews. IIRC, they're from the Lord brand out of India.

Last edited:

Since I have so much fun comparing different blades, and generally get 20 - 30 shaves out of any blade that'd decent, I told myself I would never purchase a 100 pack. But I succumbed just yesterday. We've got a friend of the family who is a gifted runner, in contention for setting some state High School records this spring. I purchased one of the Gillette Heritage cased razors when they were on sale cheap recently, but I have to pair it with Racer blades, especially since he kinda resembles the guy on the package. I was gonna buy just two tucks, but 100 blades for $7.99 shipped was too good to pass up:
View attachment 1213310

I'm really only buying them for the artwork. But I think I've seen some good reviews. IIRC, they're from the Lord brand out of India.
They are actually really good blades IMO.

Since I have so much fun comparing different blades, and generally get 20 - 30 shaves out of any blade that's decent, I told myself I would never purchase a 100 pack. But I succumbed just yesterday. We've got a friend of the family who is a gifted runner, in contention for setting some state High School records this spring. I purchased one of the Gillette Heritage cased razors when they were on sale cheap recently, but I have to pair it with Racer blades, especially since he kinda resembles the guy on the package. It'll be a high school graduation gift for him in May. I was gonna buy just two tucks, but 100 blades for $7.99 shipped was too good to pass up:
View attachment 1213310

Good choice Jack, especially for an athlete! And a great price too. Artwork is neat; hope he gets some first rate staves!

I’ve heard lots about these, and wanted to try them, so found 100, then saw a good price for 200, then saw they were even cheaper if I bought these 😝:

View attachment 1213296

Ok fellas, you’ve rumbled me - I’m really on stage with a razor blade swallowing act...
Wow...hahahaha...enjoy to the max mate! In case you need to unload...I am waiting at the sidelines...been eyeing this blades...well done!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Finally used my latest 100 blade buy: Vokshod. This morning was my first use of this Russian brand, and it was a delight. Using a Rockwell 6S and 3 plate, Proraso green pre-shave and soap, Zenith boar, and Nivea balm, it delivered a very smooth 2-pass shave. No tugging, no weeping. It is now evening, and whisker length is similar to what I would expect at this hour from my stalwart Astra SPs. If it holds up over multiple shaves, the 8-cent Vokshod may become part of my standard blade rotation.

Attachments

• A92B30E8-5B94-401C-8C58-99129A9CD81F.jpeg
    A92B30E8-5B94-401C-8C58-99129A9CD81F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
120 of these...
273E73E1-4A22-4DA9-922E-0FA28CC03A2E.jpeg

300 of these...
C524A1A2-919B-412D-9009-450244CF9736.jpeg

Why? I am fairly certain these are the same blade as Wilkinson Light Brigade blades...they have the same chromium advancement, were sold in the UK market at the same time the LBs were sold in the US market, and the first two shaves with a NEW blade feel the same to me as the initial shaves from an LB.

Plus...I fell off the wagon, and went on a blade buying bender!

Vr

Matt

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Finally used my latest 100 blade buy: Voskhod. This morning was my first use of this Russian brand, and it was a delight. Using a Rockwell 6S and 3 plate, Proraso green pre-shave and soap, Zenith boar, and Nivea balm, it delivered a very smooth 2-pass shave. No tugging, no weeping. It is now evening, and whisker length is similar to what I would expect at this hour from my stalwart Astra SPs. If it holds up over multiple shaves, the 8-cent Voskhod may become part of my standard blade rotation.
Edited to correctly spell “Voskhod.”

My Wizamet order is scheduled to be delivered today according to my tracking information. That’s good timing because I need a shave today. I’ll be curious to give this blade a try.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My Wizamet order is scheduled to be delivered today according to my tracking information. That’s good timing because I need a shave today. I’ll be curious to give this blade a try.
Got my two sleeves Thursday. 500 added to the pile. I always take a tuck out of a new order and use a blade right away to ferret out any issues. Did that today. Threw a new Wizzie into a Charcoal Goods Everyday razor and had a wonderfully smooth and efficient shave.

Bought a tuck of 250 Polsilver Stainless blades a few days ago and apparently the guy who sold me the blades has more and he has increased the price from around 19$ to around 25$. I might ask him how many more does he has and buy all of them on a discount.

143729486_2913190252292918_5951743349643957926_n.jpg

Just got an order of a 200 pack of Feathers from amazon, for less than 34eur ( 40ish dollars?)... I already have enough blade to last me 5 years probably but couldn't resist ahahah

I just bought 100 DE Feather NEW-stainless blades.
Mainly because I find them to be the best I've used, and the cost is still below whatever the latest cartridges go for.
I also give packs to friends and family to try, and they're packed in 5 packs.

I also bought 100 SE GEM Personana blades as I was recently gifted a GEM SE razor I wanted to try out. What a shave, but still prefer my DE's.

BDEF21D5-253F-4091-8AF7-3848CAF1A204.jpeg

They did arrive. All I can say is wow. I tried one just a few minutes ago. This blade might just knock Personna off the top of my favorite blades list. We’ll see how it performs with multiple shaves and how long it lasts later but after this first shave I’m seriously impressed.

120 of these...View attachment 1213567

300 of these...
View attachment 1213568
Why? I am fairly certain these are the same blade as Wilkinson Light Brigade blades...they have the same chromium advancement, were sold in the UK market at the same time the LBs were sold in the US market, and the first two shaves with a NEW blade feel the same to me as the initial shaves from an LB.

Plus...I fell off the wagon, and went on a blade buying bender!

Vr

Matt
Are these new old stock ?

Those look "yummy" !!

The carbon black treets rusted on me and couldn't get to use them much :(

I have been DE shaving for 40 years and have never seen such a huge amount of rust as I have seen on the Treet Carbon Steel blades.

I appreciate that if I had wanted rust free blades than I should have bought stainless steel but I also have the old idea of products should be fit for their intended purpose and a blade that goes rusty after one shave is, IMHO, not fir for their intended purpose.

I normally have around 3 shaves out of a blade, with the Treet I will cut that down to one.

Bought a tuck of 250 Polsilver Stainless blades a few days ago and apparently the guy who sold me the blades has more and he has increased the price from around 19$ to around 25$. I might ask him how many more does he has and buy all of them on a discount.

View attachment 1215649

If you can, buy em all! Out of production, great blades, you use or save as the value goes up!

Vr

Matt

If you can, buy em all! Out of production, great blades, you use or save as the value goes up!

Vr

Matt

I've contact the seller an hour ago and asked him how many more does he have and he said 20 tucks with 250 blade per tuck. Damn that's 5000 blades! I forgot to ask him if it's possible to get a discount and if he agrees, I might buy 1000.

Last edited:
I've contact the saller an hour ago and asked him how many more does he have and he said 20 tucks with 250 blade per tuck. Damn that's 5000 blades! I forgot to ask him if it's possible to get a discount and if he agrees, I might buy 1000.

That’s awesome!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom