What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I got another sleeve of Astra SP’s... through my wife! She bought them to carve into the bread dough... even though she knows I buy them for shaving... she used three before deciding it wasn’t effective and then I told her how I think the Platinum coating might not be the best ingredient for the dough... she’ll try to find a knife for that now...
So now I have another 97 blades! Not bad.

I got another sleeve of Astra SP’s... through my wife! She bought them to carve into the bread dough... even though she knows I buy them for shaving... she used three before deciding it wasn’t effective and then I told her how I think the Platinum coating might not be the best ingredient for the dough... she’ll try to find a knife for that now...
So now I have another 97 blades! Not bad.
Perhaps you could suggest she try several different types of blade, since you could always make use of the ones she doesn’t find effective enough! 😁

Perhaps you could suggest she try several different types of blade, since you could always make use of the ones she doesn’t find effective enough! 😁

Great idea! She’d have to consult me first, though. Don’t want any Teflon in my bread!
There was a post recently in The Mess Hall about something similar, apparently slicing the bread dough kills the edges, so don’t shave afterwards with the same blade!

Edit: found the post!
by @Saxonbowman

So I started a 9th shave with the Derby Usta, and found 8 was as far as it would comfortably go. So I replaced it after the first pass with a fresh blade from a much earlier 100-blade purchase, an Astra SP. Another great blade, though I understand it's changed in recent times.

Personna Reds. I really enjoy them and they are getting hard to find here in Australia. Way too expensive, similar to feathers.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
100 Feather blades, because I think they're awesome, and were only $14.28!

Attachments

• 20210116_145109_kindlephoto-220629229.jpg
    20210116_145109_kindlephoto-220629229.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 16
Received 105 vintage jewel stainless blades from England, 100 of the new gillette London Bridge and 200 Gillette Minora stainless in the last 2 weeks....also 100 gillettte Rubies almost forgot about those

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Received 105 vintage jewel stainless blades from England, 100 of the new gillette London Bridge and 200 Gillette Minora stainless in the last 2 weeks....also 100 gillettte Rubies almost forgot about those

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I need to try the Rubies. Strangely I have never seen them in Canada. I might have to order some from Razorbladesclub but shipping takes forever.

Top Bottom