What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I bought 300 Asco blades after trying one from a sampler pack. Excellent blades. Fairly sharp but one of the smoothest blades I have ever used. Lord is making some great blades.

The seller told me that his grandmother was a shop clerk a while ago and he got those blades from her. Little does he know that these blades worth a fortune and he probably sold at least a thousand of them by now.

The seller told me that his grandmother was a shop clerk a while ago and he got those blades from her. Little does he know that these blades worth a fortune and he probably sold at least a thousand of them by now.
Did you buy them online? You're only buying 1000 and he has 5000? Oh, do tell! 😍 😁

Just purchased my first 100 pack being new to DE shaving. went with Wizamet Super Iridium because it’s so highly regarded. Figured that at the worst if I don’t like them I could do a PIF with them, plus I have another custom sampler I made coming to test more blades anyway so I won’t be without blades. So far have found Shark and Astra SP to work very well for me so those are likely to be next :)

I always like to use Derby blades. Just feels the best for my face. Picked up 200 of them for $15.00. Honestly, I can use one per day and be quite happy with them!

My go to blades are Gillette 7 o'clock yellows and Astra SP .
The latest purchase is 100 Astra SP because I am out and 100 Gillette Platinum (Swedes) to try ,since performance is praised
by members of the forum.

Whew! It‘s ages since I bought any new blades - days ago!
But I can relax a little for now...

110 of these:

CB1C4FFA-EB76-47FC-AF3A-0F837020CA3A.jpeg

and 220 of these:

1BAF415A-8C51-4CF9-B24D-C3EB090D2B36.jpeg

Why? Well, the Super-Max, because I got good shaves with the first batch; and the Gillette Wilkinson Sword, because I’ve a couple hundred of the German Wilkos, and like them, but none of Gillette’s Indian version. So why not?😝

Two different sellers from India, and I’m impressed with how the blades were packed in plastic lidded boxes!

100 Gillette Silver Blue! These together with the Feathers have been my go to blades for the last few years. Haven't been able to find them Locally in South Africa at a decent price for over a year now. Ordered these off Amazon for 13USD!

IMG_3426.jpg

After trying these from the tuck enclosed with my EJ 3one6, and finding my curiosity pleasantly satisfied, I let the Badosoraus take the scent and opened his cage...

He never lets me down...
Their website seem fun, I quote:

"Initial cutting force measures between 0.88N to 1N, which is the ideal range. High durability, 1N-1.5N at 400th testing cycle based on CATRA REDS razor blade testing machine."

As I understand it, (ideally) this means that the weight of a 90gr to 102gr razor should do the job by itself, that is, without even having to pull the razor down and parallel to the skin.

Their website seem fun, I quote:

"Initial cutting force measures between 0.88N to 1N, which is the ideal range. High durability, 1N-1.5N at 400th testing cycle based on CATRA REDS razor blade testing machine."

As I understand it, (ideally) this means that the weight of a 90gr to 102gr razor should do the job by itself, that is, without even having to pull the razor down and parallel to the skin.
That’s pretty true of my experience with it - teamed with the 3one6 it lent itself well to the ‘no pressure’ approach! But I’ll try it in some of my heavier razors and see!

My order of 250 Wizamets from Wizashave Marocco is overdue and without any tracking information. I ordered on December 27th.

Second try is another 250 stack from a French eBay seller for EUR 48.00 shipped.

Top Bottom