What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I missed it! Do they go on sale often? That's a great price.
You can often get them at Italian Barber and other retailers for under $20US/100 when on sale. $15 is low but happens from time to time.

I found them for under $15US at Walmart Canada a few months ago and bought a few hundred.

Just keep your eyes open.

Let me know your views on the sypermax. Especially the first and second shave!
I promised to report back on how I found the Super-Max Stainless, so @luv2shave here it is. This was my first ever use of any of the Super-Max blades, and I only really bought them from curiosity, and because I quite liked the packaging; and after reading various opinions, which as usual were varied, my expectations were fairly low. So Monday morning, with three days growth, I tok my trusty go-to Rockwell 6s, armed with plate 5, loaded the Super-Max, and lathered up with PAA Ice Cube preshave, and FINE L’Orange Noir soap.

I’m glad to report that I was very pleasantly surprised! First pass XTG, second ATG; this, for me, is a mild but nonetheless efficient blade. Didn’t tug, only a couple of tiny nicks, and I was left with a comfy and clean finish on my face and head. No irritation or soreness at all.
But I measure my shaves over a full day, and I have to say that it felt just as comfortable twelve hours later - there wasn’t any irritation at all, it still felt smooth, and there was only regrowth by around the nine hour mark. It looked and felt nice, so I have to say this was one of those lovely shaves where you don’t expect much from a blade, and yet it surprises you all day!

I may not use the same blade again, as doing my head and face is like two face shaves, but my mind’s open on that score!

So full marks to the Super-Max Stainless - perhaps I should hunt down some of the others from the same stable!

7DE1371A-1403-422E-866C-D091CF5C7C1F.jpeg

I promised to report back on how I found the Super-Max Stainless, so @luv2shave here it is. This was my first ever use of any of the Super-Max blades, and I only really bought them from curiosity, and because I quite liked the packaging; and after reading various opinions, which as usual were varied, my expectations were fairly low. So Monday morning, with three days growth, I tok my trusty go-to Rockwell 6s, armed with plate 5, loaded the Super-Max, and lathered up with PAA Ice Cube preshave, and FINE L’Orange Noir soap.

I’m glad to report that I was very pleasantly surprised! First pass XTG, second ATG; this, for me, is a mild but nonetheless efficient blade. Didn’t tug, only a couple of tiny nicks, and I was left with a comfy and clean finish on my face and head. No irritation or soreness at all.
But I measure my shaves over a full day, and I have to say that it felt just as comfortable twelve hours later - there wasn’t any irritation at all, it still felt smooth, and there was only regrowth by around the nine hour mark. It looked and felt nice, so I have to say this was one of those lovely shaves where you don’t expect much from a blade, and yet it surprises you all day!

I may not use the same blade again, as doing my head and face is like two face shaves, but my mind’s open on that score!

So full marks to the Super-Max Stainless - perhaps I should hunt down some of the others from the same stable!

View attachment 1210356
Thank you for the most excellent shave report sir ! Love the SOTD pic :001_tt1:

I've been using the supermax stainless exclusively In my Karve G plate and they are made for each other.

The first shave feels like a break-in shave for the blade while the second or third shave is very pleasant. I don't use this blade for more than 2 or 3 shaves at most.

View attachment 1210356

I've been using the supermax stainless exclusively In my Karve G plate and they are made for each other.

The first shave feels like a break-in shave for the blade while the second or third shave is very pleasant. I don't use this blade for more than 2 or 3 shaves at most.
Supermax blades are plentiful and cheap where I am from. I have 9 varieties but have been ignoring them. It's a good idea to try on my Karve brass F plate...
SuperMax Blades.jpg

Can't get cheaper than where I am really :hand:

But I don't get as much variety..

I get thr suoermax stainless, platinum, and now the diamond edge which is super sharp.
Ahahahaha...absolutely true! The originator of many DE blades and good shaving creams too! In fact, most of the DE blades I found are in Indian sundry shops here and in other countries...plenty of choices and cheap either in single tucks or wholesale.

Thanks for the tip, @luv2shave . I never use any blade beyond three uses, more often two; so I think I’ll give this one a second go to see how it performs!

Al.

My last blade purchase was about two months ago. My dumb *** bought 100 Feather blades because they were on sale. At the time, I already had between 100-200 Feathers.

@luv2shave - I used the same Super-Max blade on its second outing today; it wasn’t as close as the first use, but it’s been a very comfortable result nonetheless. I’m still very pleasantly impressed with the Super-Max Stainless! 😃 In fact, I’ve just ordered another 100 at only £6.60, or $9.00!

97A831F0-FB1B-4F10-B19A-6D6F6BEC840F.jpeg

Top Bottom