What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Today's brew: Hario V60-01 Switch using the Coffee Chronicler recipe (hybrid recipe), Cafec regular filter and the Peru Cajamarca beans.
I finally found the setting I was looking for since the grinder has become more seasoned.
It was more than just grinding finer but also setting the coffee grinds a little flatter (with not so deep a divot).

Tomorrow will be the last day with that coffee and will start a different set of beans.
Now I have a good setting to translate my other brew notes to the current state of my grinder.

Have a great day!

Great morning my fellow conspirators of this ever benevolent thread! This day i had a couple cups of some medium roasted beans, a mysterious conglomerate of coffee beans, brewed by way of the Moccamaster. I also ran some descaling solution thru the old bugger so she’s running, and shall continue to run, in tip top shape! Taking it easy ain’t always the easiest thing to do, but when done right it can feel like “nothing at all” might just be what the good doctor ordered. Have a special day fellers 🙏

IMG_3497.JPG

Macchiato with a demitasse of sugar and a ladyfinger biscuit

Today's brew: Hario V60-01 Switch using the Coffee Chronicler recipe (hybrid recipe), Cafec regular filter and the Peru Cajamarca beans.
This was the final brew with these beans (at least for this bag).
I scaled up the recipe to match what was left in the bag.

One of you fine gentlemen had mentioned Happy Mug Coffee (Erie, PA) in the past and I noticed that that they were currently offering a 4 oz sample of an anaerobic natural processed coffee for $5 and was curious to see what it would taste like. I had watched a video a few months ago about how that process worked and was curious about the flavor. So I ordered a sample of Rwanda Rebro Hill Anaerobic Natural Process beans. The tasting notes were listed as raspberry, chocolate, cinnamon, cocoa, and sweet.

Tomorrow, I will open a new bag of Stirling Roastery (Booneville, AR) - Peru. The tasting note for those beans were described as sweet, jammy berries and cocoa notes.

I received an email from Tales Coffee apologizing for the delay in getting my bean order to me as they had a very busy week preparing for a convention as well as maintaining the coffee levels for the restaurants and cafes that they partner with. They said they will catch up this weekend and ship my beans early next week. So I should be set on coffee for the next several weeks. :cuppa:

Have a great Sunday!

One of you fine gentlemen had mentioned Happy Mug Coffee (Erie, PA) in the past and I noticed that that they were currently offering a 4 oz sample of an anaerobic natural processed coffee for $5 and was curious to see what it would taste like. I had watched a video a few months ago about how that process worked and was curious about the flavor. So I ordered a sample of Rwanda Rebro Hill Anaerobic Natural Process beans. The tasting notes were listed as raspberry, chocolate, cinnamon, cocoa, and sweet.
That was probably me. I’m a longtime customer of Happy Mug - one of the only roasters I’ve repeatedly ordered from over the last several years. I haven’t been disappointed yet. In fact, I will be placing an order from them soon. I hope you enjoy yours!

This morning I’m having Stirling Sumatra brewed with the Kalita Wave, with a bit of half & half.
IMG_9121.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French Press. Black.

Checking in late today. It's 73° in Nashville right now with a high around 86°. A sunny day with no rain expected. Sleep was sketchy last night. I plan on having an iced black coffee later as well. Going to Publix this afternoon to pick up a few things and just taking it easy the rest of the day.

Have a blessed one, crew.

Last edited:
That was probably me. I’m a longtime customer of Happy Mug - one of the only roasters I’ve repeatedly ordered from over the last several years. I haven’t been disappointed yet. In fact, I will be placing an order from them soon. I hope you enjoy yours!
Thank you for the recommendation!
Have you tried their subscriptions? I was thinking of trying their 'A' subscription for light to medium roasts.

Thank you for the recommendation!
Have you tried their subscriptions? I was thinking of trying their 'A' subscription for light to medium roasts.
I’ve never subscribed, but I have purchased both “A” and “B” offerings from them individually at different times. I‘ve enjoyed almost all of them. In my experience they are most often on the lighter end of the listed range and are more adventurous than their standard offerings.

I’ve never subscribed, but I have purchased both “A” and “B” offerings from them individually at different times. I‘ve enjoyed almost all of them. In my experience they are most often on the lighter end of the listed range and are more adventurous than their standard offerings.
Thank you for your insights!
That is interesting that you can buy a bag from their subscription with out subscribing.
I will keep that in mind.

Up and about after five hours of rest. Fixed a couple heaping cups of joe using the Colombian beans and brewed by the Moccamaster. Being in love with someone is like wine, a little bit and you’re happy- too much and it’ll make you a fool! I suppose the fool is my lot in this existence, so be it. Enjoy your day today, gentlemen. As always, may it be a peaceful one for you all.

Time to open up a new bag of beans today!

I brewed Stirling Roastery (Booneville, AR) - Peru beans using the Timemore B75 with the Wide Awake PH 3-pour recipe. I used the Timemore filters.

I have not used my current grinder with this recipe but a few times, and this was the first time using these beans, so there were lots of variables involved with today's brew. My best guess is that I had some channeling. I had used my WDT tool to level out the top of the brew bed but I am thinking maybe I should have used the tool to make all levels of the brew bed uniform. It has been a while since I used this recipe/brewer. Will see what happens next time.

Yesterday was the first time disassembling, deep cleaning and re-calibrating my K-Ultra grinder. Fortunately, I found this video which did a good job of walking me through the process. I was glad the author said to check the initial calibration before disassembling the grinder so that you could set it back the same way. I had checked this calibration when I first received the grinder and yesterday found that it was two clicks off from zero. Maybe I had not tightened the grinder when I first received it since the calibration instructions I read said to turn the settings ring 'until you feel resistance' which was open for interpretation. I knew I did not want to over tighten the grinder as it could make the grinder non-functional.

So yesterday I calibrated the grinder to zero and updated my brew logs by two clicks as a reference going forward. 1zpresso recommends disassembly and cleaning once a month to prolong the life of the grinder. Following the user manual, I stripped the grinder down a little more than the video to get a better angle in cleaning the main body of the grinder to clear out the residue of the previous bag of beans, but I am not sure that was totally necessary. I am sure it will be easier to do next time around.

Have a great day!

Top Bottom