What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Today's brew: Hario V60-01 Switch using the Coffee Chronicler recipe (hybrid recipe), Cafec regular filter and the Peru Cajamarca beans.
Still working on the new grind setting for this scenario. I stirred the slurry inside out, top to bottom (Tales Coffee stir) during the immersion part of the brew to better saturate the grinds and raise the extraction. I guess you could call that a form of wet WDT even though I used my Melodrip glass rod to stir instead of my WDT tool. I had fewer grinds stuck 'high and dry' on the filter this way. More fines stuck to the sides of the filter as well. Tomorrow I will grind finer with the added stir. Will see if I hit a new good setting before I run out of these beans.

IMG_3485.jpg

(An almost overflowing) macchiato and a slice of fruitcake for today

Up after five hours of sleep. Fixed a pot of some mixed dark roast beans i have in a container and brewed using the Moccamaster. Drank black and i had a nice shave I’m letting my mustache area grow and I will just keep it shortly trimmed. Probably take a nap later in the day like I do most days. You fellers have a peaceful day as you all tackle whatever it is that makes its way to you. Godspeed and God Bless 🙏

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

I started my day off with a shot of Lifeway plain kefir milk.

Having some Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul now. French press. Black.

It's 65° in Music City with a high around 70° today. It looks like we're in for a rainy morning and afternoon. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. It got a bit warm in my room last night so I had to adjust the A/C and turn the ceiling fan on. Just a few errands to run today. Mailing blades out, etc. Going to the lovely GF's place around 4 pm or so this afternoon. Here's to a peaceful Friday.

Have a blessed one, crew.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Skipped my Friday coffee "routine" a couple of weeks running. Sometimes I just don't need the extra charge in my fidget battery. :)

However, Mrs. Hippie and her faithful hound are off to town on their weekly shopping run and I decided to pull out Old Hippie's Hack-A-Vac pot and do some refinement on that technique. With Tribal Java's "Offering/Offrande" dark roast, a lovely smooth and luscious cup. Three cups, actually, sothat'llfixmeupfortheday.

O.H.

It’s Saturday! Morning to you all on this blessed day. This morning it was some of the mixed dark roasts beans from the coffee beans container and brewed by the ol’trusty Moccamaster. Humans do some amazing stuff and also a lot of foolish shenanigans. You do you and whatever or wherever it is that this life takes you, just remember there’ll never be another one like you so live it up! Peace fellers ✌️

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 65° in Music City with a high around 76°. It looks like some storms will be moving through here today. I got about 8 hours of solid sleep last night. The lovely GF and I are spending the day together. I think a little wine shopping is in order and we'll go out for a snack and drinks this evening. We went to Brewhouse South in Franklin, TN the other day and sat out on the patio. I used to go there after a session sometimes.

Have a blessed Saturday, my friends.

Now Playing •

linty1

My wallet cries.
3 day weekend over here, pulled out the flair, and a sampler beer glass, filled it with ice and pulled a shot over the ice:

08973AF1-DCFA-4404-A2DB-EA0245D587B9.jpeg

Juuust fits under the flair

CC6EA7D0-8C7F-437F-8472-6E612F981B6C.jpeg

The pull...

A653B7EF-F95B-416C-9748-B0E775D3D41D.jpeg

Didn't bother topping it off with any extra ice or water, I like

15EFB5E1-B17F-4516-A3CD-043F32F72674.jpeg

how the degassing gives it a little foamy "head" similar to a beer. Even if you're not an espresso drinker, you should give this sipping coffee a try, its quite nice. As much ice as you care.

Top Bottom