What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Good morning,

Today is Dunkin’ and shower day for our African Gray parrot. I have never seen a bird that hates water like she does. It will be a morning of grumbling followed by an afternoon of ignoring us. It’s been this way for 20 years and I don’t see it changing. I asked the vet and he just laughed and said that’s Grays for you.
IMG_4804.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original (leftover from yesterday) black, over some ice with one Monk Fruit in the Raw.

It's 62° in Music City with a high around 75° today. Cloudy with a slight chance of rain. Maybe 6 hours of sleep. I got in a little late last night from the lovely K's place. Her daughter's graduation is May 23rd at Centennial High School in Franklin, TN. I'm looking forward to attending. She will go far in this life.

I'm going to toss a brisket in the crock pot with some potatoes, carrots and onions around 8 am or so. A simple, hearty meal.

Other than that, just a few emails to send out and messing about here at B & B are my plans.

Have a blessed day, my friends.

My first-thing-in-the-morning cup is usually Charleston Organic, ground in the Krups, then brewed using the Oxo automatic pour-over program. Splash of milk, maybe some coconut sugar or half a Splenda. Quiet time on the porch ensues.

Most days in the late morning I make an Espresso-style (term loosely used) drink at work. As I am in the process of retiring, more time is at home in the late morning. I have been messing with a simple coffee drink using about 3 oz of water, a heaping tsp of Cafe Bustello instant, 1.5 oz of milk and a splash of oatmilk creamer that my wife uses. Zap for 45 seconds. No, it's not a coffee-shop or espresso machine level of coffee, but I have to admit I am liking it!

Today's brew: Hario V60-01 Switch using the Coffee Chronicler recipe (hybrid recipe), Cafec regular filter and the Peru Cajamarca beans.

I brewed some coffee this morning and again in the evening. The last good setting I had for this recipe/brewer/bean combination was before the grinder became more seasoned, so I am having to figure out the settings again but I am sure it is within a click or two of the old setting to get things right. This morning was a little distant and this evening I think I had some channeling going on. Will see which way I go tomorrow morning.

I have confirmation that at least one bag of new beans will show up before I finish off my current bag, so I have more flexibility on experimenting with the brews. I think going forward that when I open my last bag of beans that I will go ahead and put in my order for the next bag so I don't run out but have the flexibility to choose different beans.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 60° in Music City with a high around 83° today. Partly cloudy with a chance of rain tonight. I feel well rested after 8 hours of sleep. A few online tasks to take care of but that's about it. I'm looking forward to a morning walk later. Yesterday I booked a cabin for the lovely GF and I near Gatlinburg, TN. Just a little romantic getaway coming up in July. I'm overdue for Smoky Mountain Brewery as well. :)

Good morning.

A mix of Dunkin and Organic Sumatra today. Some yard work and getting some items ready for donation. I look at the amount of clothes I have and remember when I was on the 5 program. I had 10 shirts (5 long sleeve, 5 short sleeve ), 5 pairs of shorts and pants along with a couple suits. Add to that a couple jackets, underwear and 4 pairs of shoes. I am going for that number again. I find I reach for the same clothes the majority of the time, so I might as well get rid of the unworn items.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 60° in Music City with a high around 83° today. Partly cloudy with a chance of rain tonight. I feel well rested after 8 hours of sleep. A few online tasks to take care of but that's about it. I'm looking forward to a morning walk later. Yesterday I booked a cabin for the lovely GF and I near Gatlinburg, TN. Just a little romantic getaway coming up in July. I'm overdue for Smoky Mountain Brewery as well. :)

Ole Smoky Burger and Cherokee Red Ale for me! In the colder months I’d go Black Bear :)

I’m drinking Major Dickason’s in the yeti this morning.
IMG_9057.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
Been drinking a lot of iced coffees in the morning, black, nothing fancy, but needed to break the caffeine cycle so it's a cup of Orzo Pupo today. Honestly of all the "coffee substitutes" that I've tried (dandelion, mushroom, chicory) this one is the least offensive. It won't replace my reg americano any time soon, but... it's the least offensive lol cheers, hope everyone is having a great week.

Top Bottom