What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Finally finished off the big 3kg/6.6lb bag of beans, so opened up a fresh bag of the house beens from the grocer we visited the other day (Piedimonte's). I had a lovely espresso and a jam doughnut from the van at the Queen Victoria Market.

IMG_3473.jpg
IMG_3475.JPG

Great morning to you all! Slept for five and a half hours so I’m pretty rested for right now (probably take a snooze nap later). This morning I drank a couple cups of the Sprouts beans brewed by the Moccamaster. I can always feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in knowing that I laid my life on the line for my country 🇺🇸. But it’s also come with its consequences too like living the life of a disabled veteran. You fellers are wonderful and deserve a pat on the back for doing what you all have to do in order to survive. We are strong and resilient….we just gotta keep working and fighting for a just cause! Peace my fellow brothers 🙏

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French Press. Black. What was leftover from the french press went into a small glass bottle with a lid and I put it in the fridge. I will have an iced coffee with it this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

It's 65° in Music City right now with a high around 74° today. It's a rainy morning here and it looks like it will continue into the evening. I slept about 7 hours last night. A few emails to send out and will stop by K's place for a bit later.

Have a blessed day, my friends.

Eight O'Clock Original. French Press. Black. What was leftover from the french press went into a small glass bottle with a lid and I put it in the fridge. I will have an iced coffee with it this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
I’ve been using Eight O’clock Original for cold brew for a while. It‘s excellent for that - very smooth. Try using room temp water in your French press sometime and steep it in your refrigerator. i like to let it steep at room temp on the counter for a few hours then stick it in the fridge overnight. I usually make it double strength and dilute it with water 1:1 over ice, but that’s just a preference.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I’ve been using Eight O’clock Original for cold brew for a while. It‘s excellent for that - very smooth. Try using room temp water in your French press sometime and steep it in your refrigerator. i like to let it steep at room temp on the counter for a few hours then stick it in the fridge overnight. I usually make it double strength and dilute it with water 1:1 over ice, but that’s just a preference.
I certainly will, Trevor. Thank you. :thumbup1:

Today is Organic Sumatra and possibly some yard work if it doesn’t rain. Once I get this done it will not require all the maintenance that it once did. I didn’t mind it to a degree but spending money to watch the deer eat everything just planted is pointless. Our neighbors that have vegetable gardens put up 8 ft fences to keep them out. I watched a deer the other day jump a 5ft fence with ease.

Today is Organic Sumatra and possibly some yard work if it doesn’t rain. Once I get this done it will not require all the maintenance that it once did. I didn’t mind it to a degree but spending money to watch the deer eat everything just planted is pointless. Our neighbors that have vegetable gardens put up 8 ft fences to keep them out. I watched a deer the other day jump a 5ft fence with ease.
I have tried all kids of means to keep deer out and in the end I found a way that worked really well. I used a single electric wire 4ft off the ground. Of course deer can jump that with ease. However, what I did was cut aluminum foil squares 2" x 2" and a teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of the square. Wrap the square around the electric wire every 4 ft all around the perimeter. They smell it and check it out and get themself a "kiss" and they acknowledge the barrier and will not jump over it. Works like a champ.

Today's brew: glass Kalita Wave 155 using the Project Barista 155 recipe and the Peru Cajamarca beans.
I finally settled on a grind setting for this scenario and will go back and use my favorite recipe/settings for these beans to finish off the bag (instead of exploring other recipes and settings). I have less than a week's worth of beans and don't want to get half way to finding a good setting for recipe and run out of coffee.

I put in orders several days ago with Tales Coffee and with Stirling Coffee Roasters. Hopefully one of those will show up before I run out of coffee.
I probably should set up a subscription (again) for one bag of coffee a month so I always have at least on bag on hand while I order another bag from what ever looks good at the moment. I just have to figure out what beans I would like to see every month. I have looked into subscriptions that send you a variety of different beans, but there are several roasts and flavor combinations that I do not enjoy and would rather order what I probably will like vs. take a chance on getting bags of coffee that I really don't like.

Good morning gents- this morning it was some of the last of the Sprouts beans brewed by the Moccamaster. You know, i was thinking and i haven’t driven in something like 18 years- dang that has been a long time ago, but with the way it seems some of these drivers zoom around like they are in some NASCAR race it can get a bit hairy out on them roads, but I am a well adequate copilot since I have a great sense of direction. You fellers have an amazing day today and smile smile smile, and listen to some Miles Davis that is while going about your busy day! God bless and Godspeed 🙏

Top Bottom