What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Stirling Sumatra brewed with the Kalita Wave. This is the first time I’ve used the Kalita in quite a while and the result was fantastic! I prefer it over the V60 for darker roasts.

My son is playing a big tournament near Chattanooga this weekend, but it’s close enough that we will just drive each day so the coffee won’t suffer.
IMG_8928.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's a cool May morning here in beautiful TN. 52° right now with a high around 78°. I had a wonderful time with the lovely "K" yesterday. I didn't get home until after 11. Maybe 5 hours of sleep. I walked out on my deck this morning with my coffee and thanked God for all the wonderful people He has put in my life. This includes so many of you here at B & B. Too many to name.

1210942-Thomas-Keating-Quote-As-the-years-go-by-I-find-myself-experiencing.jpg

Last edited:
I think my K-Ultra grinder has entered the next stage of seasoning. I made four brews this morning (since I had time to experiment) across my V60-01 (glass), V60-02 (opaque plastic) and Kalita Wave 155 (glass). All of them came out less extracted than I would like. One of them was a repeat of previous settings that were slightly over extracted. My final brew was with the Kalita as I thought it had the best chance of not being under extracted. Once the coffee was totally cool, the flavor was pretty good but I will definitely start grinding finer for the same recipes. I had a tiny hint of metallic flavor once the coffee was cold, so maybe a bit longer to declare the grinder finally seasoned.

The beans were Ubora Coffee (Augusta, GA) - Peru Cajamarca.
For the V60 brews, I was using Tales Coffee single-pour recipe.
For the Kalita Wave 155 brew, I was using the Project Barista 155 recipe.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

A cool morning here. It's 49° in Music City right now with a high around 80°. A mix of sunshine and clouds today. I got about 7 hours of solid sleep last night. I'm taking my mother out for a Mother's Day lunch later and then I'm going to the lovely "K's" condo to spend time with her and her daughter.

Have a blessed day, my friends.

Top Bottom