What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

This is my final "coffee crew" report from St. Clair Shores, MI. I'll be signing off for about 2 weeks later this evening.

It's 54° right now with a high around 60°. It looks like we're going to get some rain this morning. I'm hoping it clears up by this evening when a friend of mine arrives to help me start the loading process. We're doing this over the next couple days due to his work schedule. Sleep wasn't very good last night. Maybe 4 hours, if that.

So, my friends...I shall see you all again very soon from my new place in Nashville, TN. Keep the "coffee crew" torch held high in my absence, please. :)

God bless you all.

- Eric

View attachment 1834265
Get settled in Nashville quickly... We need your coffee and weather reports... and who's going to say Happy Birthday to every B&Ber if you aren't around?

I brewed my Don Pablo's Signature blend in our SS French press around 4:45AM this morning... the Yeti is keeping it warm, though it's no longer "hot"... I've just about drained it.

The weather down here in St. Petersburg is delightful... I'm sitting outside in the shade, enjoying the birds calling to each other. Fine Spring day...

I never get enough sleep on Monday nights. It doesn't seem to matter what time I finish my shave and get to bed... But I did get 4 great hours of sleep and am feeling pretty decent... If we leave out place before 5:30, we miss most of the morning traffic.. if not, can add up to an hour to the trip. I'll take less sleep over an hour or sometimes, even an hour and a half, if there is an accident or something...

We got here just before 8AM... works for all of us. Mila (MEEEEE lah) is a fun rug rat to be around. She's a happy little thing.. lots of light in her eyes and she's learning new stuff every day, it seems. We certainly see the new things she's been doing since last week.. She keeps adding stuff as she grows. It's pleasurable to observe... 8.5 months on Sunday...

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Get settled in Nashville quickly... We need your coffee and weather reports... and who's going to say Happy Birthday to every B&Ber if you aren't around?
Thanks, my friend. I certainly will do so. I was looking at pics of my bathroom sink area in the new place yesterday. Much more room than the old house had. I'll have to post some pics when I get things set up. :)

Blessings to you and your family. 🤝

Good mornin everyone!
Same as always, I split a 6 cup moka pot with the wife & we each get an extra shot. Lavazza Italian roast
IMG_2066.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

Finally made it to pick up some of the coffee we tried from samples. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff. The owner asked if I wanted a sticker with the address and phone number for the bags. She said they literally go through thousands because people give their coffee as gifts and once they try the coffee they want more. It’s hard to believe such a small place sells that much coffee and tea.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm so glad I'm bringing my coffee suite down St. Petersburg when we help out watching our granddaughter for two days....

Don Pablo's Signature blend (instead of Circle K convenience store coffee) from the French press into the Grandpa Yeti.... Lovely cup of coffee.

The weather here is odd compared to our place in Gainesville. They are much warmer at night than we are... 15 degrees or so, but we're having warmer daytime temperatures...

It looks like "Spring" is over... we'll be in the middle 90s over the next couple weeks... I can only see the forecast until the first week in May.... 90s every day until then.

Today's brew was Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) Mexico La Laja Honey Process (medium roast) using my plastic April 2.0 brewer with a Kalita 155 filter and the James Perry Coffee - Standard 3 Pour recipe. I was dialing in the difference between the fast April filters and the slower Kalita 155 filters. On my 1zpresso JX, it looks like I need to grind one click coarser than when using the April filters to avoid bitterness due to the slower draw down of the Kalita filters.

This has been a busy two weeks for me, so I have not had much time to post.
I did have a good brew with these beans on Wednesday using the Original Aeropress using the Wonderstate Coffee recipe using the page recipe (not the embedded video recipe which was different the last time I checked). I thought I would mention that recipe for my fellow AeroPress buddies if they have not tried it.

Top Bottom