What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Lox cream cheese on a bagel and hot tea.

Ooh, that just reminded me of one of the many downsides of the pandemic and one of the few downsides of working from home. I really miss the incredibly awesome super onion bagels with lox spread I used to get from Bagel Emporium in Armonk, NY on my way into work. Unfortunately, the bagel shop is closed and I am sheltering in place :c17:.

Tim

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Huevos Rancheros this morning. I have the perfect little cast iron skillet for fried eggs. A little fresh made corn salsa on top.

20200426_071903.jpg
20200426_071919.jpg

Canadian Bacon (smoked last night), scrambled eggs with cherry peppers, tomatoes, and cheese, hash browns, and flour tortillas. Yummy

Today's breakfast is a fluffy omelet seasoned with Italian herbs, and onion powder. Folded into the omelet are sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms, and fresh grated Cotswold double Gloucester cheese seasoned with chopped onions and chives. A TJ's English muffin and some OJ completes the meal.
20200426_075539.jpg

Tim

Ooh, that just reminded me of one of the many downsides of the pandemic and one of the few downsides of working from home. I really miss the incredibly awesome super onion bagels with lox spread I used to get from Bagel Emporium in Armonk, NY on my way into work. Unfortunately, the bagel shop is closed and I am sheltering in place :c17:.

Tim
Hey I'm 15 min. away from Armonk. Gonna have to pay a visit when things re-open!! Is the coffee mild/medium (i.e. not burnt Starbucks)?

Hey I'm 15 min. away from Armonk. Gonna have to pay a visit when things re-open!! Is the coffee mild/medium (i.e. not burnt Starbucks)?

Never had their coffee, but their bagels and schmears are a real treat. In fact, if you go their Facebook page it looks like they might do some kind of delivery or curbside service. Not sure though.

Tim

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The wife made a casserole with eggs, ham, bell pepper, tomato, onions, broccoli, pepper jack cheese, and a little shredded potato. I topped mine with Worcestershire sauce- I forgot how good it is on eggs.

Here was this morning's "tide-you-over 'til after lunch" breakfast. It consisted of 3 eggs over-easy on a bed of sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, and smoky Gouda. This topped a toasted slice of homemade bread. Also, I had a few slices of bacon and another slice of toast added for good measure.

20200501_074910.jpg

The other weird looking thing on the plate (near the fork) is my pathetic attempt at a herb-seasoned potato pancake. Although it was crispy and kind of tastes OK, the flavors are muddled and it does not look remotely appetizing. At least not to me and the wife (who bravely tried the other half).

So, I am soliciting recipes and photos from anyone that knows how to make really tasty potato pancakes.

Tim

Top Bottom