What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Did make cheese grits from scratch last weekend.

Always get fresh, local grits and refrigerate.

Local spicy sausage, too.

AA

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
20200314_074153.jpg
20200314_074207.jpg

Left over Mexican cauliflower skillet dinner with organic fried eggs.

This morning was a cup of High Fiber Instant Oatmeal (10g of fiber), a small glass of OJ to wash down meds and supplements and two mugs of cafe au lait.

Beef Caldereta, a pickle, chicken bone broth, black coffee. My wife does not use all of those ingredients listed in the link; only chuck short ribs (what was available this time), standard base start - olive oil, onions, garlic, water, potatoes & carrots, couple bay leaves, yellow bell peppers, (no sugar) canned peeled tomato, salt & pepper.

Normally a sandwich with some Gauda cheese. If I can choose: a heart attack on a plate. Bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, toast, butter, Orange-Marmelade, strong black coffee or Assam broken tea with milk.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am just eating what they serve here at the hotels.
The only thing I will not/refuse to/ain’t never gonna happen is eating the powdered/fake eggs.
We grew up poor and ate powdered eggs and powdered milk.
I will not have it again unless starving and/or my family’s life depends on it.
I refuse!!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I am just eating what they serve here at the hotels.
The only thing I will not/refuse to/ain’t never gonna happen is eating the powdered/fake eggs.
We grew up poor and ate powdered eggs and powdered milk.
I will not have it again unless starving and/or my family’s life depends on it.
I refuse!!
Marty that's funny...neither will I. And I don't eat cheap eggs either, I buy the pasture raised eggs. You sure can tell the difference in both color and taste.

Here's a Story: So we went on vacation with a couple who live a few houses over (church friends) along with my parents to Rockport, Texas for a wine and food festival. The hotel offered a free breakfast in the lobby so the first morning the wife and I head down to meet up with our friends and family to see what we were going to do. Well, the two men (my dad and best friend) were already down stars at the table eating. I walked in and saw two to dogs (or pigs take your pick) with plates piled high and reaching over each other to get butter, S&P and jelly packs. Both of them had a little jelly and powdered eggs stuck to their lower lips...no napkin anywhere. I said, "good morning"...no response. I said, "why are ya'll eating that crap?" They both look at me with a sort of, what did he just say? I repeated..."you know those eggs aren't real? They ignored me and continued to root around. I made them go with me to a real diner that had the some of the best breakfast in Rockport. They were just as discussed as I was except I had a big smile...mostly for making them have to watch me eat real food.

Man I love this thread. Mine looks poverty by comparison. However, for a grab and go to work.... it was not bad.

Overnight oats:
Rolled oats soaked in heavy whipping cream, topped with my wife's homemade (by hand picked) wild blackberry jelly, some PB for extra cals

Attachments

• Message_1584452357251.jpg
    Message_1584452357251.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Three eggs over easy cooked in coconut oil over a chopped pickle and acv (apple cider vinegar) and a can of sardines doused with chili pepper powder (hate dust) with homemade pesto on the eggs - with leftover chicken and mayo. Black coffee and chicken bone broth. OMAD today (one meal a day).

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I sliced a small spud and fried it and added chopped tomato and onion. I then fried them together for a bit and then added 2 eggs and scrambled the whole mess together. Some fine eating right there.
Not good for my diabetes but a fine meal to spoil myself.

Top Bottom