What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

My breakfast this morning is uninspriring but a necessity for me lately. I started with a package of high fiber instant oatmeal (10g) along with a small glass of OJ to wash down my meds and supplements. And I followed it with two mugs of cafe au lait, Bluestone Coffee Sumatra Tankengon brewed in a french press accompanied by frothed skim milk heated to 145 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Three eggs over easy over salmon and mayo with a chopped pickle, liver, and apple cider vinegar. Black coffee.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have been watching carbs for a while, but decided to dice up potatoes, throw them in the pan with the wife's homemade hot sauce, and stuff them in flour tortillas.

English muffin with strawberry jam. Two hard boiled eggs, cut in half. drizzled olive oil on the yolk, salt and pepper.

Coffee, black.

I eat lunch and dinner with a hard rule of having nothing but water from 7pm to 11am. I used to weigh 245. I now weigh 185 and it has changed my life for the better - though it's difficult some days. The one venial oral vice I allow myself is bonded bourbon - and not that often. But hey - Southern boy - bourbon. Cutting that out would be like telling a Dubliner to cut out Guinness. I won't beat old-man-time. He will get me in the end, but hopefully I'll have the pleasure of handing him his axx for a few more decades at least.

And by the way - no judgement - I still remember what a big breakfast was like. If you're young and healthy, go get you some. ;-) Bacon and eggs all crispy around the edges and toast as thick as your hand... enjoy it while you can. There is a season for everything.

Coffee, black.

I eat lunch and dinner with a hard rule of having nothing but water from 7pm to 11am. I used to weigh 245. I now weigh 185 and it has changed my life for the better - though it's difficult some days. The one venial oral vice I allow myself is bonded bourbon - and not that often. But hey - Southern boy - bourbon. Cutting that out would be like telling a Dubliner to cut out Guinness. I won't beat old-man-time. He will get me in the end, but hopefully I'll have the pleasure of handing him his axx for a few more decades at least.

And by the way - no judgement - I still remember what a big breakfast was like. If you're young and healthy, go get you some. ;-) Bacon and eggs all crispy around the edges and toast as thick as your hand... enjoy it while you can. There is a season for everything.
so, no breakfast at all? I can’t do that. My blood sugar tanks.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Tater, chorizo, onion, tomato, and egg

471A7E8E-66C7-4BE0-A73B-AF8C532B6F6E.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I just mixed up 8 cups of dough for tortillas. It’s resting right now.
And I have a pan of cooked pinto beans I am going to squish and heat it bacon grease.
Bean tacos for the little one!
Can’t get tortillas locally anymore.

Huevos Rancheros! Start with a cast iron griddle. Cook the chorizo in a skillet with diced yellow onion. Black beans with green chilies heating in a small pan. Pull the chorizo, drop the eggs into the flavorful oil. Sunny side up with a runny yolk. Build the dish- tostadas, black beans, chorizo, avocado, eggs, chipotle sauce. Breakfast!

Had leftover bake potatoes and some black beans. Put some bacon, carrots, onions in the pan. Added the potatoes and beans last. A couple poorly executed over easy eggs to top it off. Delivered breakfast to my wife who is working from home in the other room. She was happy.
83742F85-B4CD-4967-9390-0D5F04DCD355.jpeg

Fresh long grain rice mixed with blueberries, diced dried apricots, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut. Topped with milk, Ceylon cinnamon, scant turbinado sugar and a dash of salt.

Top Bottom