What's new

What's your 2019 new years resolution?

[QUOTE="Mjairo, post: 9962469, member: 90194"So my new years resolution for 2019 is not purchase any shaving soaps.

Mine may be a complete 2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical. No shaving purchases, at all. There's plenty I want, nothing I need.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of doing that too, but at the moment just want to control the soap acquisition disorder. You are spot on though, want and need :thumbup:

So, the shave-related goal would be the maintain a log of each shave w/ recently-acquired MdC soap -- for science.
Shave logs are good! :)

4. Continue to be Happy and Thankful for all I have
5. Make sure I thank those that have helped me in anyway
:)

In addition to those two, I've found myself rushing through my shaves the past couple of months and its time to stop that and get back to a more gemütlich* shaving routine.

*There isn't a decent word for word English translation for gemütlich. Its a state of being of contented, relaxed zen, openness, warmth, calm and ease.

Making it to my 73rd, but not doing anything special to see that I get there.

In addition to those two, I've found myself rushing through my shaves the past couple of months and its time to stop that and get back to a more gemütlich* shaving routine.

*There isn't a decent word for word English translation for gemütlich. Its a state of being of contented, relaxed zen, openness, warmth, calm and ease.

I agree, I switched to night shaving for that same reason, I rushed my shaves in the morning and didn't enjoy them as much now after the kids go to bed I take my sweet time and have a nice relaxing shave:001_smile

Tried translating it. It is an English word :) if you don't put the two dots over the u :)

English translation for it: Xanax

Germans must be in touch with their emotions. They have great, precise words for describing them:
schadenfreude - satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

After completing my 2018 Shaving Purchase Sabbatical, I resolve to keep my ADs under (reasonable) control! :a17::a17::a17:

After completing my 2018 Shaving Purchase Sabbatical, I resolve to keep my ADs under (reasonable) control! :a17::a17::a17:

Congrats on the 2018 sabbatical! And looking forward to 2019! Keep that AD under control is easier said than done but you managed a entire year so should be cake walk for you :001_302::a14:

Congrats on the 2018 sabbatical! And looking forward to 2019! Keep that AD under control is easier said than done but you managed a entire year so should be cake walk for you :001_302::a14:

Thanks!! Almost there (and I appreciate my products more these days)!!

Hey, you still have 12 days to crack before the end of the year :p. Just kidding, congrats! I am doing the 2019 Sabbatical, wish me luck.

I consulted the Magic 8 Ball and it's answer was: "Outlook Good"
So it's on. A different shaving soap for every day of 2019.
I think the place to put a thread tracking it is in the Journals and Diaries sub.

After some research I found that it's just not a practical goal.
Instead of every day it will be every week.
52 Soaps for 2019.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I hope to use some of the razors that I keep buying and not using. Especially the open comb razors that I keep buying and putting away and they never get used. I want to rectify this.

My shaving resolution for 2019 is a continuation of one I've made mid 2018: no more blind soap purchases (obviously doesn't include samples). I'd say 85% of my past purchases turned out to be disappointments in the scent department.

After some research I found that it's just not a practical goal.
Instead of every day it will be every week.
52 Soaps for 2019.

Do you have 52 soaps? If not, I suspect your friends would be willing to send you samples to get it done... Sounds like a great project! And, with the reporting we all expect, very time-consuming!

I believe I’ve got more than 52 soaps, but I can picture an uncontrollable yearning in May to re-use a soap that had its weekly turn in January... Part of the fun for me is going to sleep every night thinking about what my shaving combo the next morning might be.

Do you have 52 soaps? If not, I suspect your friends would be willing to send you samples to get it done... Sounds like a great project! And, with the reporting we all expect, very time-consuming!

I believe I’ve got more than 52 soaps, but I can picture an uncontrollable yearning in May to re-use a soap that had its weekly turn in January... Part of the fun for me is going to sleep every night thinking about what my shaving combo the next morning might be.

Hi, I've got about 30 new soaps here and on order. Most are samples when possible.
Some that I knew I'd like I bought full tubs, tubes, etc.

That's the thing with using a new one a day - I'd have to wait a year to use it again.

I suspect I'll go over the 52 number. Some of the samples probably won't last 7 days.
Not a big deal.

I'm also going to try to match a soap to an important date, etc during that week.
For example, I have a glow in the dark shaving soap on the way for Halloween week.

Another reason to do this is that I'm toying with the idea of starting a local business for shaving supplies, etc.
So it's good to experience as much as I can.

I started a thread over in the Journals and Diaries sub:
DoctorStrobe's Shaving Soap Walkabout 2019

Top Bottom