What's new

What's your 2019 new years resolution?

My new years resolution for 2019 is shave related. Another thread got me thinking about my shaving gear and I realized I have so many shaving soaps that they would last me years if I stopped purchasing them today. So my new years resolution for 2019 is not purchase any shaving soaps. It's hard for me as I'm always curious about new scents or bases, as a friend said I should just put my head down and ignore the hype. Easier said than done. What's your new years resolution? Whether it be shave related or not, posting it and holding yourself accountable will definately help achieve it imo. Ymmv :)

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
not to use sub par [to me] soaps and to pif to someone who might in joy them
if it's not in top 5 it's going

Whether I achieve it or not, my resolution would be to put my old band together after 30 years and do a live gig. That would make my year.

I haven't let hardware and software acquisitions get out of control this year (caught it early).

So, the shave-related goal would be the maintain a log of each shave w/ recently-acquired MdC soap -- for science.

I haven't let hardware and software acquisitions get out of control this year (caught it early).

So, the shave-related goal would be the maintain a log of each shave w/ recently-acquired MdC soap -- for science.
Good thing you caught it early :) for science! Sounds fun. I'm hoping the thread will be a preventative measure for me, and it's interesting to see what others have on their mind.

I'm kind of leaning towards the opposite direction as others in this post, but then I'm still new to this...
I'm thinking of using a different shave soap/cream for every day of 2019.

I've found the razor and blade that works best for me so there's not really much left to play around with.
The only downside is that if I really like a soap then I can't use it for another year.

Ok, who's going to triple dog dare me to do it?

I'm kind of leaning towards the opposite direction as others in this post, but then I'm still new to this...
I'm thinking of using a different shave soap/cream for every day of 2019.

I've found the razor and blade that works best for me so there's not really much left to play around with.
The only downside is that if I really like a soap then I can't use it for another year.

Ok, who's going to triple dog dare me to do it?
Now that is an interesting goal. If you can manage that one would be an amazing feat. You should start a thread to log all the different soaps... that would be crazy. Ok, I triple dog dare you lol jk, but if thats what you want to do, I say do it!:a14:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I made a resolution many years ago, that I'd never make any more resolutions...

That said, I do have a few goals. I'd like to get myself a hone, and get fully competent the the straight and my other vintage razors. I'd like to move house, to somewhere better suiting my health. Get back into my writing projects. Make a custom handle for my birth year razor. Do a little more walking.

1. Finish procuring Soaps, Aftershaves, and blades that are on my list of must tries
2. Do not add to my list of must tries
3. Do not purchase anymore Artisan Soaps
4. Continue to be Happy and Thankful for all I have
5. Make sure I thank those that have helped me in anyway

[QUOTE="Mjairo, post: 9962469, member: 90194"So my new years resolution for 2019 is not purchase any shaving soaps. [/QUOTE]

Mine may be a complete 2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical. No shaving purchases, at all. There's plenty I want, nothing I need.

Now that is an interesting goal. If you can manage that one would be an amazing feat. You should start a thread to log all the different soaps... that would be crazy. Ok, I triple dog dare you lol jk, but if thats what you want to do, I say do it!:a14:

I consulted the Magic 8 Ball and it's answer was: "Outlook Good"
So it's on. A different shaving soap for every day of 2019.
I think the place to put a thread tracking it is in the Journals and Diaries sub.

I made a resolution many years ago, that I'd never make any more resolutions...

That said, I do have a few goals. I'd like to get myself a hone, and get fully competent the the straight and my other vintage razors. I'd like to move house, to somewhere better suiting my health. Get back into my writing projects. Make a custom handle for my birth year razor. Do a little more walking.
Health is number 1, been getting a lot of excersises this year plan to keep that going.

I've recorded lots of instrumental music, but not a ton of original lyrical music. I will change that this year.
Nice, maby we can hear some of the music sometime. Sounds Awesome, good luck with your lyrical music, 2019 will be a good year. Maby even bitcoin will rise back up.

Top Bottom