What's new

What's the significance of your avatar on B&B?

I change avatars frequently.

My most recent two avatars have been Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones. Partly, I suppose because he is a little obscure and I was curious as to who would recognize him; partly because he seems a bit disreputable (that appeals to me, I do not know why; I really do not identify with him as a person; he was kind of an unfortunate waste as a human being, at least at the end); partly because he was one heck of a musician and is underappreciated (not that I am any kind of a muscian) and is underappreiciated for putting the Stones together.

But mostly, I like my current avatar--and unfortunately it is really hard to see in the clipped avatar format of the photo; the original is full length--is that Brian is shown in such dandified "Mod" glory. Sort of fits with the emphasis on personal grooming, etc. around here, and what he is wearing has something of a very vintage, old school look to it, at the same. Sort of subtlely being way over the top. I had nefer seen this photo of Brian before, and it was amusing to me, so I thought it might amuse others.

My previous avatar was a black and white photo of Brian Jones in a more typical, less flamboyant early 60s modish suit, with what seemed a very petulent, even arrogant look on his face. Again, I thought the whole lot was sort of petulently well-groomed and old school. Something like, the way I am dressed and groomed gives me inner confidence! <g> But it was also from a time when BJ was probably not completely out of it and was something of a musical force.

But I am sure I will have a new avatar before, too long. I do not want to stick with Brian Jones for too long. I do not want anything about him that screwed his life up to rub off on me!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Last edited:
My avi dates back to the "Great Muppet Take Over" of... whenever it was. A bunch of us were given muppet-based avatars by the mods back then (many have kept them). I had been given the hippie chick from the band, but changed it to "Cesar Penguin" as I've always had a "Tux" (Linux) penguin as my avi since joining. (Cesar never actually appeared on the Mupett Show, but is part of the "sister universe" of Sesame Street.) The sable hat was added after I deposed Lynchmeister as Czar of the Cheddar Curtain.

I'm still bitter about that, by the way. :lol:

My avatar is, of course, Art Van Delay. He's an importer/exporter--oh wait. No. Maybe it was latex...

In his spare time, he likes to eat large blocks of cheese, contemplate the wrongfully assigned stigma surrounding the word "manure," cloak himself in velvet, and pretend he's an architect.

I aspire to be just like him. :laugh:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm still bitter about that, by the way. :lol:

My avatar is, of course, Art Van Delay. He's an importer/exporter--oh wait. No. Maybe it was latex...

In his spare time, he likes to eat large blocks of cheese, contemplate the wrongfully assigned stigma surrounding the word "manure," cloak himself in velvet, and pretend he's an architect.

I aspire to be just like him. :laugh:

Hey! You're alive!

Someone posted a picture of a block of cheese the other day and I asked if it was as big as a car battery, but I think it went over his head. I didn't feel like explaining... :nonod:

Hey Cory! Glad to see the therapy is paying off. Just think, after the "Canadian Adventure," you weren't even able to think the word "latex" without getting a rash. Now, you can even post it. :tongue:

I am a big fan of The Andy Griffith Show. I have met almost all of the actors, except for Andy himself. Spent a lot of time in Mt. Airy, and have comsumed a lot of pork chop sammichs at the Snappy Lunch. I collect anything TAGS related.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hey Cory! Glad to see the therapy is paying off. Just think, after the "Canadian Adventure," you weren't even able to think the word "latex" without getting a rash. Now, you can even post it. :tongue:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Poor little fella.

I still bust a gut when I think about the fun we had with that.

Mine is Pedro Infante, a Mexican B/W films Idol, he was a barber himself so it was just natural.

Infante's Movies are aired every two or three sundays in mexican TV, so i grew with them.

I am an absolute "Godfather" fanatic. I love The Godfather films, both I and II. The third one, for all the crap it catches, really isn't a bad movie; however it just isn't anywhere near as good as the first two.

Any time the first two are on TV, I have to watch them even though I have seen them a million times.

If Cory ever changes his avatar, it should definitely be a picture of an ethernet cable wrapped around a bottle of green Aqua Velva with a Canadian flag backdrop. :lol:

OMG. Rotfl.

I just hope it was all worth it for him. Goodness knows that he'll never travel without proper ID again.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
OMG. Rotfl.

I just hope it was all worth it for him. Goodness knows that he'll never travel without proper ID again.

Oh yeah! There should be a passport laying on the floor, just at the edge of the pic in the corner.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
And Mrs. L. glaring at him for not believing it when he was told what docs to bring with him.

So in the photograph there should be a mirror "accidentally" catching this activity. I think Cory is going to need an Ouch sized avatar to squeeze it all in.

So in the photograph there should be a mirror "accidentally" catching this activity. I think Cory is going to need an Ouch sized avatar to squeeze it all in.

Good point. Maybe just the bottle and the flag and let them tell the story.

I used to be a ski patroller at Loveland Ski Area. The pic is of a coworker as I never had a picture of me taken when I worked there.

Top Bottom