What's new

What's the significance of your avatar on B&B?

Probably the wrong section to ask this question(sorry moderators!) but reading threads you can't help but find your self interested in posters avatars(their pictures next to their names when posting).

So i was just curious, why did you chose your avatar?
and what is it?
Is there any reason related to shaving?
Or is it some other reason?

Hopefully others besides me are interested in knowing because i read threads and sometimes i laugh(Like Walter Sobchak's, from one of my favorite movies ever!) and sometimes I want to know what is it.

I'll explain mine to open the thread:

My avatar is taken from a french film from the 1960's called Breathless( À bout de souffle). I'm a film fanatic so Breathless was a defining film in the French New Wave cinema which change films from 1960's and up in all countries(specifically American cinema) and a girl kissing a smooth faced guy to me symbolizes why I personally enjoy wet shaving.

So feel free to discuss your avatar. Don't be discourage if its related to your personal life.

Last edited:
My avatar is an Australian comic character called Norman Gunston,played by Gary McDonald. He had his own T.V. show and interviewed everyone from Prince Charles to Mick Jagger. A seriously funny and original comic talent. He always appeared with bits of tissue paper stuck on his face and was known affectionately as the Little Aussie Bleeder.

My avatar is a Castagnari Tommy melodeon. I have one and play it at pub sessions, barn dances and for a local morris team. A lovely hand built instrument. Cost me an arm and a leg.

My name, Galopede, is the name of an English country dance which one of my favourites.

You might guess I'm really into traditional English dance music!

Gareth

My avatar is a Castagnari Tommy melodeon. I have one and play it at pub sessions, barn dances and for a local morris team. A lovely hand built instrument. Cost me an arm and a leg.

My name, Galopede, is the name of an English country dance which one of my favourites.

You might guess I'm really into traditional English dance music!

Gareth

very cool. nice to know

Cliff Burton - one of the most talented and adventurous bass players we're ever likely to see, and one of the key members of my favourite band, Metallica. I can only wonder what he would have achieved had he lived long enough - I'd like to think he would have ended up with a downtuned seventh string bass (like the seven string guitars used by a lot of bands recently) and made the world's bowels rumble.

Mine is the cover of John Hartford's Aero Plain album. He is my favorite artist of all time, and it is my favorite bluegrass album of all time.

I'm a gun dealer and a concealed handgun license instructor in the great state of Texas. My avatar is a photo my wife took of me next to a cannon on the grounds outside the Capitol building in Austin. We were in town to renew my certification to teach CHL classes. I figured big guns, American Arms Dealer...you get the idea!

Just happen to be a big fan of Family Guy. I have to believe we all have an "evil monkey" living in our closets. Sorry, not willing to share what mine is!

I love Homer !!! and I love this picture, have it as wallpaper on my laptop, makes people happy and even if in a boring presentation and you show the desktop people will have some comments about this picture....

Barbara Steele is my favorite female actress in horror, and Mario Bava is my favorite director, so it's only natural to take my avatar from one of my favorite films by this team.

If I have to explain how it relates to shaving... well, a joke's not funny if you have to explain it, but pass the styptic pencil.

Top Bottom