What's new

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

IMG_3156.jpeg

May 2024 GRUME 18/31
1950s US Ball End Tech• Kai(5)• MdC Rose• Ds Cosmetics 24mm two band Badger.

Today's shave, 3 days of growth

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Gillette Silver Blue (0)
Soap (SOTM) : Godrej Cinthol
Brush : Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Osma Alum block, Bootleg Greene Freeze, Nivea Sensitive calm moisturizer

After using a few different blades in the last few weeks, back into the usual set up with a good result.

Still and over half way
Summer theme was the order of the day

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Gold Dollat 66 straight razor
Brush: QED Select 3526 Maunchrian Silvertip Badger
Soap: Razorock Gold Label Shaving Stick

Post-Shave: Alum Block
Williams Acqua Celva Ice Blue As Splash
Razorock XXX ASB
Ach Brito Bergamotto Cologne

Lovely shave with the RRGild Label proving to be an excellent inexpensive quality soap. Plenty of good lather and a very close enjoyable shave. No nicks, cuts or claret just smoothness of the face 😎😎😎😎

Onwards to the next one comrades

IMG_0799.jpeg

In? I think. I also bought a new Seiko watch because I'm trying to unplug a little and passed my Apple watch on to my wife.
I don't actually wear the watch while shaving so...............
5-19.jpg

I really hope Foolish Mortal has no lingering effects from the Evil Covid.
Marxism 1.jpg

Day 19, 61.3% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive Stick, made into a puck
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Palmolive Sunday again. I got the usual super-slick lather, which went well with the open comb Game Changer. The result was a comfortable near-BBS. I think I've locked in the shallow angle and low pressure better this time.

It's worth revisiting razors like this, because the SB .84 edition took months to get from "too aggressive, bitey" to being my favourite.

In? I think. I also bought a new Seiko watch because I'm trying to unplug a little and passed my Apple watch on to my wife.

I hope you are doing OK, @Pyrate, and good luck. I love my Seiko 5, the no tech watch.

Date20.05.2024
366 daily shaves
141/366

RazorBladeBrush
Blackbird SS polishedGillette Nacet (1)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (7)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

Still in. No real temptations. Very much enjoying what I have. Monday’s shave was spectacular. Super close and comfortable.

Extended shave notes can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Still in....

Morning shave - 5/18/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (1/5) (6)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft RR400
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 7/10, SAS
Quick morning shave to get off the worst of the stubble. I knew I was going to shave in the evening so I did not want to puch my luck and do a full three pass shave. It was good enough for the day's endeavours, but not really a satisfying one. Still it served it's purpose.

Evening shave - 5/18/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (1/5) (7)
Rating: 10/10, BBS
What a pleasant last shave for this blade and a rare BBS at that! A great way to cap off a great shave week. Super smooth and comfortable. Blade could have easily have gone a few more shaves. Not a lick of irritation.

Evening shave - 5/19/24
Razor: Merkur 41C
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (2/5) (1)
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Time to pull out the Merkur 41C again and get some shaves on it. Just going back and looking at my previous shaves with this razor it confirmed my feelings about it. It feels quite inefficient. I was still able to get quite a close and respectable shave with it, but it took a lot of work to get there. Also, something that I did not notice last time is that it seems like one side of the razor is more efficient than the other and there seems to be a slight alignment issue. I tried to adjust it but to no avail. Anyways a good shave.

Top Bottom