What's new

What's the best way to ship a razor in BST forum?

Thanks for the reply. Which leads to another question. I never insure razors when I've shipped them USPS. (I've never sold a razor for more than $50.) Should I be insuring them (at USPS or PirateShip)?

And not to be a naysayer, but a clerk, who seemed reasonably well informed, at my post office said not to use other services because you never knew if they would arrive.
That's too funny! What about the postal workers that have dumped mail along their routes?!?
Not going any further due to TOU.

I guess we gotta say YMMV with everything now. I like water but ymmv lol.
Pirateship has been flawless even with damaged shipments and getting reimbursed. I have used them with both ups and usps as well sent dozens of packages over seas. Great pricing and top notch customer service. Just my 2cents for a couple hundred shipments. Enjoy your next shave!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks. There's a lot of similar complaints on TrustPilot too. PIRATE SHIPS - PIRATESHIP.COM is rated "Average" with 3.1 / 5 on Trustpilot - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ship.pirateship.com But a lot of people love it. For me, I'm not shipping that much, so I think I'll stick with USPS.

I only went to the Pirate Ship (aptly named eh?) because I was trying to get the buyer a decent rate for shipping to his country. They quoted a better rate for UPS than I had imagined, but the guy at the local UPS store later told me never trust them (PS) for overseas .. PS claimed UPS was down, then charged me for a label neither requested nor used. The buyer finally got the razors, I still am out the bad charges, in fact I'm going to dispute the charge in case the PS Bot doesn't make the refund they promised

Pirateship has been flawless even with damaged shipments and getting reimbursed. I have used them with both ups and usps as well sent dozens of packages over seas. Great pricing and top notch customer service. Just my 2cents for a couple hundred shipments. Enjoy your next shave!
High praise indeed.

I only went to the Pirate Ship (aptly named eh?) because I was trying to get the buyer a decent rate for shipping to his country. They quoted a better rate for UPS than I had imagined, but the guy at the local UPS store later told me never trust them (PS) for overseas .. PS claimed UPS was down, then charged me for a label neither requested nor used. The buyer finally got the razors, I still am out the bad charges, in fact I'm going to dispute the charge in case the PS Bot doesn't make the refund they promised
Hope you get your refund. And I do have to wonder about their choice of a name. Like "Cavity Toothpaste."

As a Canadian who occasionally receives things shipped from the USA, I will ALWAYS insist on the use of USPS. That is the ONLY shipping method that is not guaranteed to scam recipients for "brokerage fees" before you're allowed to receive the item. Often times those fees rival or even exceed the value of the item in the damn parcel.

As a Canadian who occasionally receives things shipped from the USA, I will ALWAYS insist on the use of USPS. That is the ONLY shipping method that is not guaranteed to scam recipients for "brokerage fees" before you're allowed to receive the item. Often times those fees rival or even exceed the value of the item in the damn parcel.
Well, that's not good. And I'm not thrilled by having pirateship or the post office having my credit card on file.

"A could hundred shipments". What are you hustling?

Just returning to this thread to say thanks to @Dtownvino for the recommendation for pirateship. I have now shipped multiple BST packages with pirateship. Platform offers a great user experience. I can provide tracking numbers to buyers in advance, convenience of printing label and packing at home, and just drop off at post office (or schedule pickup at home). Solid rates on shipping and insuring. While I have not had to deal with a claim or international shipping, everything in CONUS has been successful. Definitely recommend at this point.

Just returning to this thread to say thanks to @Dtownvino for the recommendation for pirateship. I have now shipped multiple BST packages with pirateship. Platform offers a great user experience. I can provide tracking numbers to buyers in advance, convenience of printing label and packing at home, and just drop off at post office (or schedule pickup at home). Solid rates on shipping and insuring. While I have not had to deal with a claim or international shipping, everything in CONUS has been successful. Definitely recommend at this point.
You are very welcome. My business ships 35 packages a day 5 days a week on average and Pirateship’s rates are better than our company for UPS, too.

So, if I'm getting this right, pirateship vs. UPS/USPS is like 'Arko is great, no, it sucks' and so on...

Shipping to Canada from the US, always painful with UPS, FedEx, DHL for small, single, consumer packages. Use USPS, every time. But keep in mind, if they decide to check contents and country of origin, you could get hit with a duty/tax for many things and that is what UPS, FedEx and DHL do. When you use a HTS code (Harmonized Tarrif Schedule) that is what is supposed to happen. On pirateship.com it says right there in black and white, if you are shipping to Canada, this price does not include brokerage fees for this exact reason.

By the way, coming to the US is much trickier and expensive for Canadians. Most Chinese COO has a 25% tariff on top of the old rate. I won’t even get into EU made things.

I have a lot of experience with this. 100% happy with pirateship for all CONUS shipments. Won’t ship to Canada for this exact reason except if they buyer wants to pay for the label and deal with the shipping.

In business, I require the buyers ups or FedEx account for all shipments and ship FCA or Exworks. Never DDP (delivery duties paid) which is what a lot of people here expect and don’t understand about cross border shipments of goods.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know very little about shipping. I have shipped and have had stuff shipped to me to/from overseas. I have had excellent service from DHL. FedEx has been just OK.

I PIFfed a shaving brush to a Canadian. I used USPS first class mail. Tracking stopped before it arrived, I guess because it was a more rural mailing address. It made it after 10 days +, but it would have been cheaper for me to have ordered a new one and had them ship it.

It was $30 to ship a $20 brush. LOL

Top Bottom