What's new

What's the best way to ship a razor in BST forum?

I've never posted in BST (I have purchased) and am thinking about selling and PIFing some razors and have questions.

Best way to ship--> USPS, Paypal, Pirateship.com? Cardboard box? Bubble wrap envelope? Break 3-piece razors down or leave connected?

And with a PIF can I do something like 'I'll roll a die and whatever number comes up, the PIF will go to one of the first six repliers'?

PIF of a razor best done in BST or Double Edge Razor sub-forum?

Thanks.

Pirateship.com is less expensive than USPS.com, easy to use, gives you access to rates and services a consumer doesn’t have access to and is just a great concept.

It is great for CONUS shipments.
Looks good. Thanks. I watched their introductory video. So they actually ship through USPS or UPS, right? (In other words, they give a tracking # and the razor will be as safe as with USPS, right?)

Last edited:
Yes. They have consolidated rates. In fact, their UPS ground rates are comparable with a company who ships over 30M a year with UPS. Their rates on USPS are the same discounted rates you get from eBay without the eBay fees. Candidly, they are really good and insurance costs if you go for more are very reasonable.
Thanks for sharing this. I was looking at a few different platforms but overlooked Pirateship in the process. Looks like great rates.

Yes. They have consolidated rates. In fact, their UPS ground rates are comparable with a company who ships over 30M a year with UPS. Their rates on USPS are the same discounted rates you get from eBay without the eBay fees. Candidly, they are really good and insurance costs if you go for more are very reasonable.
Thanks for the reply. Which leads to another question. I never insure razors when I've shipped them USPS. (I've never sold a razor for more than $50.) Should I be insuring them (at USPS or PirateShip)?

And not to be a naysayer, but a clerk, who seemed reasonably well informed, at my post office said not to use other services because you never knew if they would arrive.

to plays devils advocate… would a postal employee know about how the post office contacts these services?

Did you ever sell something on eBay and use their shipping? Same thing, even if you use 1st class or priority mail.

Last edited:
to plays devils advocate… would a postal employee know about how the post office contacts these services?

Did you ever sell something on eBay and use their shipping? Same thing, even if you use 1st class or priority mail.
Thanks for the help with this.

Yeah, that's good (the devil's advocate thing). So if I choose when pirateship offers me alternatives, I can still choose USPS 1st class shipping but chances are that will be less than if I brought in my package to the post office and let them do it, right? And in the video (at about 30 seconds in) Features | Pirate Ship - https://www.pirateship.com/features they suggest Priority Mail boxes (if the weight is over one pound), but if you use Priority Mail boxes, don't you have to pay the higher Priority Mail rate (than if you used your own box)? And also using a Priority Mail box would preclude you from choosing UPS or any of the other alternatives, right? And does the tracking # pirateship provides go into the regular USPS tracking number website?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Pirate Ship is a scam - I recently agreed to send a couple razors overseas (reluctantly but the gent seemed honest) After multiple screw ups they charged me for a USPS label that wasn't requested, printed or otherwise. My VISA was charged that minute, they waited 29 days to issue a credit - but only at their site. Had to spend another half hour punk slapping their bot to have a promise of a refund .. oh, and the r'soles asked me to confirm my CC # etc during the process. Lame, lousy, never ever again

Pirate Ship is a scam - I recently agreed to send a couple razors overseas (reluctantly but the gent seemed honest) After multiple screw ups they charged me for a USPS label that wasn't requested, printed or otherwise. My VISA was charged that minute, they waited 29 days to issue a credit - but only at their site. Had to spend another half hour punk slapping their bot to have a promise of a refund .. oh, and the r'soles asked me to confirm my CC # etc during the process. Lame, lousy, never ever again
Thanks. There's a lot of similar complaints on TrustPilot too. PIRATE SHIPS - PIRATESHIP.COM is rated "Average" with 3.1 / 5 on Trustpilot - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ship.pirateship.com But a lot of people love it. For me, I'm not shipping that much, so I think I'll stick with USPS.

Top Bottom