What's new

What's the best Schick injector razor?

I have a G1. I like its performance. An E series that's made to open would be better if the the shave's the same.

- Chris

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've tried, in historical order, the Magazine Repeater Type B, a couple E Types, a G and lastly several M Type Adjustables. The latter are my choice, because I can dial then up to get an extremely close shave..

Any of them. They all shave great.

The older ones with the bakelite (no seams - the 'E') handles feel a little better made to me, but that's just my opinion. Not like the others will spontaneously combust or anything. Any will shave you as close as you care to get.

Any of the ones made by Schick or Eversharp or Eversharp/Schick.

I can't speak to Gillette, Personna or PAL injectors.

There were several models that followed it that also had the feature, but I personally feel that with the addition of the "Hydro-Magic" feature on The "Type I2", the injector razor became much more user friendly. I had used an injector for some time and liked it for the most part, but my main objection was the fact that it was difficult to rinse out. The "Hydro-Majic" feature changed that.

I've not used all the models, either with or without that feature, but with my limited experience with several models, including some of other makes, I like that "Type I2" best of those that I have tried.

Regards,
Tom

garyg

B&B membership has its percs

The older ones with the bakelite (no seams - the 'E') handles feel a little better made to me, but that's just my opinion. Not like the others will spontaneously combust or anything. Any will shave you as close as you care to get.

The older ones are better made I agree .. like Winchester 94's I guess .. certainly my M types are less than a work of art ..

they all use the same blade, they all shave great. if i had to pick one, i'd pick my G66.
in my universe it would be a schick-centric world and gillettes would be the niche razor. but what do i know? nothing.

Last edited:
For now I have very pleasant shaves with my black handled E5.
Maybe I must compare it again with the Golden 500.

My Personna injector (the swoopy-looking stainless steel and plastic job from the '70s) shaves me very well indeed. I'm still getting used to it, but I like it more every time I shave with it. I wish it were a touch heavier, but otherwise it's a fine, well-made razor. I should get around to writing something up for the reviews section; I'm a little surprised that no one else has, either, at least none that I've found.

EDIT: The best part about injectors in my mind is that they make the transition to wetshaving almost painless: you just have to watch your pressure, but they otherwise behave much like cartridge razors do. If I could start this whole wetshaving journey over, I'd start with an injector.

Last edited:
the best part about injectors in my mind is that they make the transition to wetshaving almost painless: You just have to watch your pressure, but they otherwise behave much like cartridge razors do. If i could start this whole wetshaving journey over, i'd start with an injector.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom