What's new

Injector Handle Discoloration

I recently got a Schick J4 Injector that I like a lot but the handle is kinda discolored. Is there a way I can whiten it without damaging the plastic?

IMG_5527.jpegIMG_5614.jpeg

I’m also considering dyeing it black, but from what I can tell, that will require a lot of heat and it may damage the handle. Let me know if any of y’all have any success fixing discolored handles!

Well seeing as I take no prisoners, they survive or die! I scrub with Gumption, or Jiff, or DrainO, or Bleach, or all of the above.

I did NOT tell you to use any of the above!

Hmmmmm dying it black? me? I would have gone for red :D I might return after this one dries for another 24hours, or if it looks like spit, i'll hide under the bed :D

1-IMG_no_date_today_875309.jpg

Well seeing as I take no prisoners, they survive or die! I scrub with Gumption, or Jiff, or DrainO, or Bleach, or all of the above.

I did NOT tell you to use any of the above!

Hmmmmm dying it black? me? I would have gone for red :D I might return after this one dries for another 24hours, or if it looks like spit, i'll hide under the bed :D

View attachment 1814187
I’ll try some bleach later today. What kind of dye did you use for that red? Also what is that, looks like a handle but I don’t see a razor head.

Last edited:
I’ll try some bleach later today. What kind of dye did you use for that red? Also what is that, looks like a handle but I don’t see a razor head.
Red? = SECRET!!!! :sneaky2:

[shhhhhhhttttt, tell no one, ok, :sneaky2: ..... red sharpie + acetone :w00t: ]

looks like a handle, smells like a handle, feels like a handle, but in actual fact it is a handle, the head just magically exploded :w00t:

1-IMG_2414_12_12_8675309_HDR~2.jpg

And .... It looks great in a pitcher, but in reality it could be a little better? 88.25% Suck Cess.

1-IMG_2020.02.31_8675309~2.jpg

Shrugs shoulders, it was a experiment in jining round :D

Red? = SECRET!!!! :sneaky2:

[shhhhhhhttttt, tell no one, ok, :sneaky2: ..... red sharpie + acetone :w00t: ]

looks like a handle, smells like a handle, feels like a handle, but in actual fact it is a handle, the head just magically exploded :w00t:

View attachment 1814658

And .... It looks great in a pitcher, but in reality it could be a little better? 88.25% Suck Cess.

View attachment 1814663

Shrugs shoulders, it was a experiment in jining round :D
Ah neat! So the sharpie in acetone is like a paint or did you soak it?

Ah neat! So the sharpie in acetone is like a paint or did you soak it?
Yes, No, Maybe. :w00t: Draw on it wit Sharpie, paint it wit Acetone, that removes the Sharpie, keep painting until the acetone evaporates that puts the sharpie back, draw on it with sharpie, that messes up the smooth finish, and removes some sharpie, paint it wit acetone removing the sharpie again, keep painting wit brush till acetone evaporates and puts sharpie back, some stains the plasdik, some stains you fingers, some drips on the work bench staining the work bench cover.

How does one explain a Rough Ralph make this up as we go along load of jining round. :w00t: If it don't work I has a trash can :underbus:

Top Bottom