What's new

What's the best Schick injector razor?

Brother DougK

I wish you would teach me how to shave with the stainless steel appearing Personna Injector circa 1970. I think I am a knowledgeable shaver, and I have wet shaved daily since November 1951. I have about 75 razors, and the Personna Injector is the one razor that I cannot tame!

I want to like it, as it is a mint specimen and I paid $25 for it. (It retailed for $1.25 in 1970.) I have tough whiskers and average skin. It gives me a blood bath every time I use it, which is seldom. It shows no signs of damage. I use the made in China Schick Injector blades and they work fine for me. Any hints or thoughts? My thanks in advance.
Good question. I remember having to hold mine very flat to my face or it didn't cut at all, so shaving angle might be part of it. Another, more likely possibility is that the loader isn't pushing the razor far enough apart to load the blade correctly, resulting in the blade edge getting dragged across the edge and dulling it up. I remember that happening to me with my Personna from a set of CVS blades once, so that could be what's happening here; I would up fixing it by reusing a known good loader (one that spread the parts of the razor far enough to let the blade slide in cleanly) for all my blades. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone else want to chime in here?

Hi
I know this is quite an old thread but I would like to add my pennyworth !
I recently purchased a D type gold plated in nice condition and have had two great shaves with it.
I find it not too aggressive and it gives a great smooth shave.
This is the first time using a Sckick Injector but I have another model on the way to try.
I am certainly very pleased with my first try with this one using NOS blades !
Will update my user results in due course when the other Schick arrives.

I really love my Type O--but only with the Schick II twin blades.
I like my Type O clone from eBarbershop. Supposed to be a spot on clone of the real one. Have not gotten around to ordering the Schick twin blades yet. They are quite expensive and comes from Japan.

The I2 Hydro-Magic, and the J series are amongst my best.
I just got a black J3 Golden 500 that I am waiting to try out. If it shaves as good as it looks, I may have a new favorite.

I like my Type O clone from eBarbershop. Supposed to be a spot on clone of the real one. Have not gotten around to ordering the Schick twin blades yet. They are quite expensive and comes from Japan.

I just got a black J3 Golden 500 that I am waiting to try out. If it shaves as good as it looks, I may have a new favorite.

I have both razors, and they are, indeed, identical. I have been doing an alternating comparison of the two--one day shave with the type O and a next day shave with the clone. I can't tell them apart. I currently have 39 shaves on a twin blade in each razor, so even though they are expensive blades, the longevity of the blades offsets the cost. By all means, get some Schick II twin blades and see for yourself.

I also have a Type J4 500 (the same as the golden 500 but with nickel plating and a black handle), and I am sure that you will really like yours.

So far, I like the G, I-2, L and M (Adjustable). I recently used the G on the 1st pass, then followed with an L on the remaining passes. Very nice! I'll have to try the twin blades in the L sometime. Heard so much about them.

Twin NOS blades in a Schick Injector L is a marvelous experience! Smooth and close! It's debatable to use a twin blade in a Type J or earlier. Some of the brethren say Yes and some say No. I don't want to chance it and maybe damage the head, so I err on the side of caution.

The Type L was the current Schick injector when the twin injector blades were introduced in circa 1973, so I reason they were designed for each other.

Perhaps my favorite Schick injector (and I love 'em all) is a Type L-3 "The Grip" with the tennis racket handle, loaded with a NOS twin blade!

Last edited:
I only have and tried an E2 I bought at an antique shop because it looked in great condition. All I can say is it cleaned up excellent and provides a very smooth and comfortable shave. As such all I can recommend is the E2, but I highly recommend it. Not only does it work great, you can pick them up at a very reasonable price, and the gold and butterscotch colors are really cool.
Steve

Among the best shaves from my Personna floating head injector with twin blades. If someone makes a modern pivoting head injector, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

I like all the injectors in my collection. I have J thru O. Haven't tried one pre J. N3 is my favorite so far. I have some twin blades on the way. Can't wait to try them.

I have one Schick razor. It's an Eversharp i1 and I rather like it. I've not shaved with any other Schick and most likely will not until next year when I'm off sabbatical and can buy something else to try.

I've been enjoying the adjustable, Schick M, with twin blades. Some days I shave on the 3 setting, others on 8. Doesn't matter what setting I use, I finish with a great shave.

Top Bottom