What's new

What's the best cream recommended for less nicks and cuts

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Johncas, it's not the shave cream and I'm sure you have perfect technique by now.

If you remove the blade or heavily bread-knife your SR, I'll guarantee that you'll get no more nicks and cuts.

Any cream out there which helps stop nicks and cuts had the erasmic cream got nicks and cuts lathered bad

While a cream won't shield your face from nicks and cuts, I have found that the better quality creams--those providing a slick, yogurt-like lather--give me better shaves than creams that don't create a slick lather. Erasmic might be one of those that don't provide a good lather.

Some that do that I own: Palmolive, Nivea, Omega, Tabac, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Macca Root shave cream by The Body Shop, Art of Shaving creams.

Since some people find the erasmic good stuff you either have a bad tube or there is user error.
I once tried to whip lather of a brushless cream no succes....

Do you apply by hand or by brush?
Face or bowl.

If you bowl lather I would also think of croaps like stirling (just put 1g in a bowl and lather it up).

In Cream I have had speick, proraso, Palmolive, Weleda. Which al did well but not as good as a croap.

Try some Proraso, I find the Red exceptionally slick, good cushion, and leaves the face feeling nice afterwards. Seems to give a better shave than some of the soap and other creams I have, and is a breeze to lather, at least with any of my synthetics.

If you need lots of cushion, and less glide or slickness works, have you tried Barbasol? - While it doesn't have the 'slickness' of better soaps and creams, it does excel in thickness and cushion, which might help you.

Typically a lot of nicks or cuts is a result of too much pressure, and a thicker cream might help. If lathering something like Proraso, use a bit less water, until you tame the amount of pressure being applied.

What razor are you using? - Some are more sensitive to the amount of pressure, and some others just need a thicker or denser cream for a smooth shave.

Use less water or more product - your lather may be too thin. Erasmic is a decent budget cream, albeit unremarkable and NOTHING like the old, pre-reformulation version.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Using @ShaverAZ's 'Cremogena Plus' lets me go further before my poor habits get to me. It now looks like a smaller otter has been mauling my neck than usual.

Get a tube of Cremo, a tube of Neutrogena Sensitive Shaving Cream, and a bottle of glycerin. In your lather bowl, mix 1 tsp each of Cremo and Neutrogena and five drops of glycerin. Show no mercy. Should the lather become too sludgy and pastelike, add a few drips of water and resume shaping the bubbles to your will.

The finished product will still be sludgy and pastelike, but not too sludgy, and has a very good residual slickness.

I'll echo the Proraso comments above. Also, I have a great feel after using Body Works Macca Root cream, although I have not tried the new formula. Art of Shaving creams are good. I'm currently finishing my Ocean Kelp tub (sadly discontinued) but I still have a lemon scent that is very crisp. I also really like Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit.

Top Bottom