What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Potato soup, night before last. Last night chicken noodle. Tonight is broccoli cheese. Lots of soup because I knocked my teeth out in a razor scooter accident last weekend. View attachment 1159055
Looks like you took a scary header in the gravel or on pavement. Bet that hurt alot. Good thing you are improving. Eating soup all the time, even though you like it, might get old after awhile.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Taco Salad again. This time with Honey BBQ Frito Twist.

IMG_0362.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpeg

Tonight’s supper was garden fresh fried night, zucchini, summer squash and okra fried with oil and air fried tilapia. Air fryer just doesn’t do justice to the veggies.

Was in the local Asian market to pick up some Sweet Thai Chili sauce when the fresh fish truck arrived. Could not resist, so I picked up a whole red snapper and had them clean and cut it up into steaks. I marinated those with Mango-Ginger chutney, Asian sesame oil, and cilantro. Then it was seared and transferred to the grille -

20200916_182538.jpg

Took the head, tail, and a few pieces of meat and bones trimmed off the steaks to make a fish stock. After straining it twice through a large and then smaller pore mesh I added potatoes, zucchini, onions, peppers and diced tomatoes. The soup was seasoned with thyme, parsely, and sweet paprika.

20200916_182729.jpg

The soup had an excellent fish flavor and was well balanced overall. Actually tasted better the second day, once the tomatoes had a chance to meld into the soup more completely.

Tim

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Leftover pork roast converted to a Yu-Shiang like dish and served on short grain brown rice. A splash of fish sauce, a spoonful of Hoisin, and a couple of spoonfuls of Sambal oelek.
5F885995-66AF-4188-B758-7CE490FEB945.jpeg

Floured, egg-wash, floured, fried. I grew up with cornmeal but the wife prefers flour.
Yeah, I prefer cornmeal. Hard to find restaurants that serve it that way, so I rarely eat it out. I'm the guy at the table that wants corn tortillas at the Mexican place as well.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Leftover BBQ.
The wife got Voluntold to work a 16 hour shift today. I did prepare breakfast for her for tomorrow though.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Steak frites...saignant skirt steak, shallot and red wine reduction, mayonnaise for the frites, horrible plating because of those pesky Tanqueray martinis...

The frites are done in the oven in a sheet pan with a little peanut oil at 385 and finished for a few minutes at 400. I think I prefer them to deep fried.

CDD0A79C-D348-4E25-8D4C-67A6EB05410F.jpeg

Steak frites...saignant skirt steak, shallot and red wine reduction, mayonnaise for the frites, horrible plating because of those pesky Tanqueray martinis...

The frites are done in the oven in a sheet pan with a little peanut oil at 385 and finished for a few minutes at 400. I think I prefer them to deep fried.

View attachment 1159695
Haven't heard frites since I was in Germany, and then it was spelled slightly differently - Pommes frittes.

A variation of the Roman classic, pasta all Gricia. Imported Michele Portuguese pasta, a hunk of guanciale, cut into thick sticks and sautéed until a little crispy. Guanciale is salted hog jowl, sort of bacon's older, smarter brother. Caramelized red onion. Some grated pecorino romana to finish. Delicious. Sorry no picture.

Top Bottom