What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Wife bought butterball boneless breast at the start of covid and we decided to cook it up tonight. Came out good, was juicy, going to be a few more meals from it, had it with a salad .

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Dinner yet to be...

IMG_0364.jpeg

Tonight was Tilapia fillets dredged in breadcrumbs seasoned with mixed Italian herbs, onion powder, and garlic powder, then egg/half-n-half, then back into breadcrumbs and pan fried.

The fillets got a little overdone, but were delicious nonetheless -

20200925_180139.jpg

Made a sandwich using toasted 12-grain bread and Trader Joe's autumn leaf-shaped tortilla chips.

20200925_181121.jpg

Tim

Homemade pizza-not quite Pizza Hut, but still came out pretty good. Toppings were sausage, ham,onion and mushrooms. I have made about ten pizzas of assorted toppings and crust types since Covid began, not difficult at all, but getting the big pizza chain taste escapes me. Still these are tasty enough that we don't have leftovers.

Attachments

• 20200926_173829.jpg
    20200926_173829.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Cold rainy day so put an arm roast in the oven with a can of beer, onion, celery, garlic cloves, and mushrooms and simmered all afternoon. Then took the drippings along with the onion, garlic, and mushrooms, used the immersion blender to smooth it out and made gravy. Sliced the beef and put over mashed potatoes and sliced bread then smothered with the gravy.

Saturday night, flounder stuffed with shrimp. Sorry no photos. Seems sort of middle of the room, but it was wonderful. Helps to start with pristinely fresh and otherwise wonderful ingredients. I had not had flounder in years. I think I ate too much frozen and generally poor quality flounder growing up. This flounder was perfect. Firm and delicately flavored, but the flavor as definitely there.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Saturday night, flounder stuffed with shrimp. Sorry no photos. Seems sort of middle of the room, but it was wonderful. Helps to start with pristinely fresh and otherwise wonderful ingredients. I had not had flounder in years. I think I ate too much frozen and generally poor quality flounder growing up. This flounder was perfect. Firm and delicately flavored, but the flavor as definitely there.
Poor quality flounder? I grew up just up the street from the US Navy Yard Annex in South Boston. We'd fish off the piers there all the time. Besides the general pollution of Boston Harbor in the 60s the bottom at those piers must have been silted up with all sorts of paint & rust scrapings & God knows what else off the naval vessels, but the flounder loved it. My mother would send me down there on Friday after school to catch 4 or 5 fish that I was to clean and bring right home for Friday supper. Couldn't have been fresher but at the same time it probably couldn't have been less healthy.

Top Bottom