What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

It looks like I will be working out of town this week on Saint Patrick's Day. So I have a corned beef with cabbage and red potatoes in the crockpot for tonight. It is our traditional St Patrick's Day meal. Then again we will make it anytime because it is easy and we all love it at my house.

I realize that many people love it, but I am really not fond of New England Boiled Diner, which is a 19th century American-Jewish tradition that was taught to the Irish immigrants that came to the US during the Great Hunger. Definitely NOT Irish in any way. During the 19th century, America was the only country where poor immigrants could afford to buy beef. In Ireland, the main protein was fish, and if one could afford it, lamb.

I do, however, love cooked deli corned beef, which I will use to make hash and egg for tonight's supper.

My wife made a tortiere for Pi Day with pork, beef, potatoes and wonderful spices.

Yum!

FB_IMG_1615770162064.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I felt well enough to call an Uber.

By my calculations by the time I get to your place I'll be out of quarantine! Thanks for the invite @martym ! You won't regret it! I think Rob is going to meet me at your place. He's bringing ammo, Rugers, and grandkids.

Top Bottom