What's new

What's a cream you tried that you just didn't like?

I know this will shock some, but, although I have not bought a cream I absolutely hate, my least favorite I have is Castle Forbes Lavender.
I hear you. Couldn't get it to work for me, ended up trading it with another member.

Proraso Green. Irritated and left my skin dry. Didn't feel very good cushioning from its performance.

Can the irritation and dryness be a reaction to the menthol? I haven't experimented much with mentolated creams.

Billy Jealousy Hydroplane Super-Slick Shaving Cream. Didn't realize it was not intended to be lathered, smell was awful, and took me 3 deep cleanings to get it out of my brush...actually thought I ruined my almost new HL Thater brush. Gummed up my razor. Giant sized too. Oh well, lesson learned...read up before you press 'send the order', lol.

Kiss My Face - snotty consistency and artificial scent.
Arko - artificial scent
Lea - boring scent
Axe Denim - nasty artificial scent

RazoRock XXX - Yes, I know. Read all the rave reviews from everyone on here about how amazing this product is, etc. Ordered two tubs from IB. Used it a few times enough to know that I really didn't care for it at all. Have an unopened tub with someone's name on it if they want.

A year or so ago I tried a cream called Bigelow. This is supposed to be made by Proraso. Had to go to some bath shop in the mall to get it. It was rather loose in consistency, didn't lather nearly as well as what I use and I didn't like the smell. Luckily I was able to return it and get my money back.

Pete <:-}

Top Bottom