What's new

What's a cream you tried that you just didn't like?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
You know, except for the very bottom of the range which you might expect to be lacking in some respects, the "hate" list bears a striking resemblance to the "love" list in other threads. Hmmm .....

Cheers, Steve

I really like the T&H Ultimate Comfort. Great Cream. But the EO lavender scent was almost non-existent. So, I says to myself, if the T&H Ultimate Comfort is lacking in scent, all I need to do is buy the T&H Lavender and I will have the perfect cream. NOT. The worst cream I have ever owned. Stinky, sweet, artificial, cheap drug store lavender scent. And the performance was lousy to boot. My worst cream purchase by far.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.
― W.C. Fields

Okay, I tried a can of Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel: Way too much perfume-like fragrance, provided very little glide, and dried my skin something awful.

I've not encountered a bad shave cream yet. Sure, some have been nothing special, but it's been nothing like trying out soaps.

I suppose Proraso Green is my least favorite, but only because I have sensitive skin.

I got a tube of Old Spice Original as a very generous gift from a fellow B&B-er to whom I lent a Merkur Slant for experimentation. I liked it at first. Nice scent, great lather. But I have come to the conclusion that it is not slick enough; I get more weepers or nicks shaving with it.

It was the most "commercial" product in my entire den.

Top Bottom