What's new

What’re you 3 favorite SMELLING soaps?

Really tough choice. I could list 3 Martin de Candre and call it a day. But, I will spread out the love a bit and pick 3 non traditional scents and 3 traditional scents.

These three are based on what I consider non-traditional soap scents...

Martin de Candre Agrumes (A great warmer weather soap and at the top of the list for the next few months)

Ariana & Evans Asian Plum (One I would not want to use daily, but when I open the tub it smells amazing)

Barrister & Mann Lavanille (Like A&E Asian Plum, I would not want to use it daily, but the scent is terrific)

The following three I consider more traditional soap scents...

Tabac (Smells like great grannies perfume, but that's okay)

Proraso Green (The first shaving soap I purchased after picking up "wet shaving". Clean, clean, clean.)

Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti (It just smells like earthy goodness and the lather 2nd to none)

Cheers to all.
Definitely gotta get some MdC Agrummes. And I've never smelled Dolomiti so I'll need to make a trip into Pasteur Pharmacy once we get out of Purgatory.

Every time I think I have figured out an answer the OP's question, it changes, as Im sure it does for many of you. At least it feels that way. Having said that, my number one does not change....

1) Saponificio Varesino - Mana di Sicilia
2) TOBS Jermyn St
3) MWF - just a clean, fresh scent.
Manna di Sicilia is my favorite of the 3 SV soaps I own - Felce, MdS, Opuntia

How would you describe the scent of Manna di Sicilia ?
It's complex - woods, cologne, and probably whatever manna (the sap collected from trees in Sicily) smells like though I've never smelled or tasted it. There's definitely something there that I can't put my finger on. It's way more interesting to me than Felce (greens/ferns) or Opuntia(pineapple).

It's complex - woods, cologne, and probably whatever manna (the sap collected from trees in Sicily) smells like though I've never smelled or tasted it. There's definitely something there that I can't put my finger on. It's way more interesting to me than Felce (greens/ferns) or Opuntia(pineapple).
Was curious as embarking on an exercise to rid myself of the many creams I have in favour of soaps and this one and Stella Alpina keep getting mentioned

1) APR "Bombora"
2) Ariana & Evans "Uno"
3) Eufros "Fougere"

There are so many more that deserve to be on this list, even from the same artisans I listed already...

Today, with the help of this thread, I ordered two soaps. One I knew I wanted in the back of my head but 2 or 3 of you reminded me to buy it bc it was in your top 3 - TOBS Grapefruit. The other I hadn't heard of though I knew the brand, just not the scent. I kind of always thought Martin de Candre was too pricey but F it! It's my Pandemic treat. I got some Agrumes. I'm about to run out of my only citrus scent and the warm weather is just around the corner. Cheers!!

Today, with the help of this thread, I ordered two soaps. One I knew I wanted in the back of my head but 2 or 3 of you reminded me to buy it bc it was in your top 3 - TOBS Grapefruit. The other I hadn't heard of though I knew the brand, just not the scent. I kind of always thought Martin de Candre was too pricey but F it! It's my Pandemic treat. I got some Agrumes. I'm about to run out of my only citrus scent and the warm weather is just around the corner. Cheers!!
That Martin de Candre Agrumes will keep you in citrus heaven for a long time!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is a hard choice for me but

1. The shave shop The Savoy (it's just Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban cigars)
2. The strop shoppe Black tie (wish I can find an Artisan who can replicate it)
3. Captain's choice bay rum (I just love anything bay rum)

Trumper's Extract of Limes... my data is insufficient to comment on more than one, but am not a fan of the stick soap and other soap bowls I've used in the past.

Top Bottom