What's new

What was your latest BULK cartridge purchase?

A few years ago, I bought a large stock (over 250) of discontinued Wilkinson Sword twin blade cartridges, the "Made in England" ones. Since I use a cartridge razor for business trips only, and those vintage Wilkinson Sword carts last seriously long (easily over a week), I am probably set for life :biggrin1:

With other cartridges, like the "Made in Israel" or Personna branded twin blades available on-line (and maybe also cartridges for newer systems?), what was your latest BULK cartridge purchase? And what do you think of them?

Maybe this thread even gives inspiration to some members who are looking for e.g. a travel razor alternative (TSA friendly), and don't want to pay big money for modern cartridges, like the Gillette Fusion!

What to the "made in England" trac II package look like?

They came in a 5-pack with a large V sign in white and purple. The Atra cartridges had a green V sign, IIRC.

Anyway, for Wilkinson Sword DE blades, or cartridges, if the package says "Made in England", then they are top notch, in my opinion.

Not finding anything close using my google-foo

https://www.google.com/search?q=wil...ChMI84bQn7LRxwIVzHg-Ch3WIgbv&biw=1184&bih=672

Can you take a pic of them and post it?

thanks

Not my picture (Google image search), and I personally never saw them in 10 packs, but there you go:

proxy.php

I have been buying the Personna Trac II/Atra cartridges on Ebay for some time. The only issue is to get the $.15 ea cartridge price you need to buy 100, which is still quite reasonable considering the sellers offer free shipping. $15.00 is not bad for 100 carts.

I have tried them side by side in the same shave with the original Gillette carts and they are definitely not as good, however, they are very, very close and may not even be noticed by some shavers depending upon their whisker situation.

I have been very pleased with the personna's.

My Kroger grocery store was discounting their Flexible Twin Blade Cartridges (which fit the Sensor) for a $1. I bought 15. Then I had to go out and buy the Sensor handle.

My local Dollar store was selling Personna Caliber 3-blade cartridges, five to a box, for a dollar. I bought 10 or twelve boxes of carts and two Caliber razors, which were also just a dollar. I sent one razor and most of the carts to my friend in England because he uses the Mach 3. I have yet to shave with it.

Top Bottom