What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

I did a bunch of research here before my Foray into Wet Shaving. First Cream was Speick and its still one of my favorites. First soaps were Tabac and MWF also still favorites. Thanks to the knowledge on this board my learning curve was substantially reduced. However, I fear that my Acquisition Disorders came at the expense of this knowledge. :blush:

I did a bunch of research here before my Foray into Wet Shaving. First Cream was Speick and its still one of my favorites. First soaps were Tabac and MWF also still favorites. Thanks to the knowledge on this board my learning curve was substantially reduced. However, I fear that my Acquisition Disorders came at the expense of this knowledge. :blush:

I'm just not seeing a problem...:lol:

Arko Maximum Comfort cream in a tube. I literally started wet shaving for less than $35. I bought a Paker 22R razor on Ebay, and then bought astra & derby blades, horse hair shaving brush and Arko shaving cream from BestShave.net.

I thought I'd regret using an inexpensive shaving cream, but my only regret were the derby blades, which were too mild even for a novice shaver. Although I don't use the Arko anymore as I wanted to try other creams/scents after I finished it, I have no qualms using it again.

Lab Series shave cream.*** My wife bought it for me about 15 years ago and it was the best stuff I'd ever used. My first cream in a tub, and my first non-aerosol "cream." I used it for 10-12 years.

Then, about 5-6 years ago I began using AoS Lavender. That's what really got me into wet shaving. Even then, it wasn't until January of this year that I went DE and tried a variety of soaps and creams. AoS is a good cream, but when I run out I probably won't replace it. Like others have said, AoS cream is pretty expensive for what you get.

***I'm not counting decades of aerosol "cream."

Top Bottom