What's new

What was your carry today?

2CDC91F5-56EF-4B0A-9011-E0F6514FA097.jpeg
649D58F7-C49E-4AA1-9D30-3B1E9A5513D1.jpeg

Today was spent at the sporting clays range with two of my favorite people...Mrs. Acmemfg and #1 grandson. Tools in play were Grandma’s Browning 725 Citori and my (not shown) Browning A5. Grandson was the designated clay pigeon operator.

Today I'm carrying my Kimber Micro 9. This has proven to be a dependable little gun that's easy to carry. The only thing I don't like is that Kimber's finish on these things is weak. Yesterday my 8rd mags arrived. I know have an additional round in each mag and they improve the grip of the gun by making it longer.
proxy.php

Yeah, I don't get it. Some companies will offer a 2mm or 6mm and above, but it's hard to find a 3.5.

The new Holosuns have the circle dot. You can select dot, circle dot, or circle only. They are pretty sweet.

I have a new SRO, and it is definitely a little easier to acquire the dot through the larger round window, but there is no free lunch...

I have both 3.5 and 6 MOA RMRs. I don't find any appreciable difference in actual use. You can argue that the 3.5 allows for a finer shot if you are trying to shoot a bull's eye, but I don't think it makes any real difference in a self-defense scenario.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The new Holosuns have the circle dot. You can select dot, circle dot, or circle only. They are pretty sweet.

I have a new SRO, and it is definitely a little easier to acquire the dot through the larger round window, but there is no free lunch...

I have both 3.5 and 6 MOA RMRs. I don't find any appreciable difference in actual use. You can argue that the 3.5 allows for a finer shot if you are trying to shoot a bull's eye, but I don't think it makes any real difference in a self-defense scenario.

Good info. Thanks!

How is the reliability with the S-15?
They function flawlessly. Not a single malfunction with them yet. To be fair I haven’t put a 1,000 rounds through them yet. Anywhere from 100-200 rounds through them currently. I also installed Shield’s magazine catch/release to go with it, and a set of truglo night sights. Really pleased with this setup.

They function flawlessly. Not a single malfunction with them yet. To be fair I haven’t put a 1,000 rounds through them yet. Anywhere from 100-200 rounds through them currently. I also installed Shield’s magazine catch/release to go with it, and a set of truglo night sights. Really pleased with this setup.
I have had FTF w them the three times I have taken them to the range. A thing that has never happened w OEM mags. Won't be testing them any more now (will keep them loaded), better w reliable OEM stuff (G19).

Top Bottom