What's new

What was your carry today?

I'll finally bite.

IWB, OWB; they all weigh down my belt - which I'm probably not wearing.

Shoulder holsters rock - in cold weather. So does a chest rig for large pistols.

I need my hands free, and it might be dark. So.

Baldric rig for G17/Streamlight:

full

Yes, it's got thumb snap and a buckle. Sometimes more secure and less speed is good (marine locations).

full

Personally, I swing the rig to the back. Rides where a holstered pistol should, but no tug on your hm, shorts. Nobody wears pants or clothes here in July/August/Covid-19.

And, if you're seen from the front only: just a black cross-body strap. Camera? Man bag? Could be.

AA
I have gravitated from front pocket carry to an IWB tuckable holster. That way I can carry and only have the holster clip showing, and with dark belt and pants/shorts it is not noticeable at all. Getting a bit older and with a bit of a gut I have trouble holding pants up so it is suspenders for me. I have some called hold ups which have large hook like clips, much like many of the clip on holsters, that fit around the belt andhold the belt and holster up quite well. Bottom line is that any suspender helps when wearing a gun on the hip or in waistband.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have gravitated from front pocket carry to an IWB tuckable holster. That way I can carry and only have the holster clip showing, and with dark belt and pants/shorts it is not noticeable at all. Getting a bit older and with a bit of a gut I have trouble holding pants up so it is suspenders for me. I have some called hold ups which have large hook like clips, much like many of the clip on holsters, that fit around the belt andhold the belt and holster up quite well. Bottom line is that any suspender helps when wearing a gun on the hip or in waistband.
Belt and suspenders? Cue Henry Fonda. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
HK P30SK

Bought it for the wife. She ultimately wanted a Glock 43X - fit her hand better.

Her loss was my gain. Love the LEM trigger. Replaced my HK P2000SK as my daily driver.
Ya got it love it when a plan goes sideways and you still get another gun out of it!

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
HK P30SK ... Love the LEM trigger. Replaced my HK P2000SK as my daily driver.
After no small amount of research & range time with the old man’s P30 (V1/light LEM) & VP9, my son decided that a P30SK (V1) 9mm would make for a great 21st-birthday present.

After surprising him on his birthday, we put the SK & the P30 through their paces & suffice it to say that had he changed his mind about the P30SK, I would have swapped pistols in a heartbeat ... and I really like the P30!

In town for the holidays, we will be heading to the range later this morning. He with the SK & some 13-round mags Santa gave him & me with, among others, the P30 ... just in case he suddenly decides that a swap is in order. 😉

Work load:
Mossberg 590 loaded with 000 buckshot. Side Saddle loaded with the same.
FN FN-X45 loaded with Gold Dots. Two spare magazines loaded with the same.
BPV.

Genuinely curious Brit asks: The word "carry", does this mean you carry the gun in public (i.e. to run errands)? Or is it used in a professional context (i.e. police officer, forest ranger, etc)?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Genuinely curious Brit asks: The word "carry", does this mean you carry the gun in public (i.e. to run errands)? Or is it used in a professional context (i.e. police officer, forest ranger, etc)?
Yes, I carry a gun both in public and also when at home. I am not a police officer or game warden or forest ranger.

In America, depending on the state that you live in, you may/shall be issued a license or permit to carry a concealed weapon. I say may or shall because in some states you can't be denied the right to a permit as long as you are not a prohibited person, like a convicted felon, for example.

Every state has different laws so, you have to be knowledgeable about this as you travel across the Republic. You generally have to attend a class and go through a background check to get your permit. My state offers an Enhanced Permit, which requires more stringent qualifications, that many other states also recognize and grant reciprocity so that you can carry across state lines.

Our Second Amendment of the Constitution guarantees the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms", although that has been eroded over the years and is under constant attack.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yup, the use of the word "carry" implies the routine of going armed at all times, not just a trip to the gun range or a walk in the woods. An act of self reliance, not paranoia. Reciprocity laws are often in flux as well, so it pays to keep up with changes. The last time I checked, my concealed carry permit covered me in about 37 states, it may be more now. Any ways, it covers me in most of the places I care to go.

Last edited:
Here in my neck of the woods, the county is designated officially as a "Firearms Sanctuary". Essentially means it's a gun-friendly environment and local authorities are not going to necessarily enforce rules which are not in harmony with the community.
As I was told once by the Undersherrif...."About everyone here is within arm's reach of a gun of some sort". True dat.
My state permit is valid in 39 states. LEOSA permit is good in all 50.

Here in my neck of the woods, the county is designated officially as a "Firearms Sanctuary". Essentially means it's a gun-friendly environment and local authorities are not going to necessarily enforce rules which are not in harmony with the community.
As I was told once by the Undersherrif...."About everyone here is within arm's reach of a gun of some sort". True dat.
My state permit is valid in 39 states. LEOSA permit is good in all 50.
In Oklahoma we have “Constitutional Carry”. I have a carry license, but as I understand it, the licenses are no longer required. The last time I looked up the self defense law, it had not been updated. The law was changed November 1, 2020

We have Constitutional Carry and open carry here in Idaho as well. My Enhanced covers me for neighboring states.

An armed society is a polite society.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
For perspective.

I carry a fountain pen even though I seldom have a need anymore to write anything.

I carry a dollar in change even though I seldom have a need anymore to use coins.

I carry twenty dollars or so even though I seldom have a need cash.

I carry a pen knife even though I seldom have a need anymore to cut things.

I carry a blood donor card even though I seldom can donate blood anymore.

I carry a copies of various insurance even though I seldom have a need to show them.

I keep roadside reflectors in my car even though I have not needed to use them in over 3 decades.

I keep a heavy duty come-along in my car even though I have not needed to use it in over 3 decades.

I keep a first aid / trauma kit in my car even though I have not needed to use one in over 3 decades.

I keep survival blankets and a hatchet and a bag of kitty liter (great to get out of mud or snow) in my car even though I have not needed to use them in over 3 decades.

I keep a set of LED lanterns in my car even though I have not needed them in years.

I keep a safety knife designed to cut seat belts and to break safety glass in each door panel of my car.

I wear a watch that has it's own SIM card and phoneline.

Carrying a handgun is simply another precautionary object that I hope I will never have to use although on several occasions it has been used to dispatch a NoLegs.

Top Bottom