What's new

What was your carry today?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
It’s been brutal. Haven’t been able to get out in the eve until 7:30 or 8.
One of my signatures:

If it was a man's world Rodin's "The Thinker" would be thinking 'Remember to leave the seat up. Remember to leave the seat up!'

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It conceals well. What’s nice is the speed of sight acquisition, particularly when looking at your target and picking it up in your peripheral vision while at a low ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the MOA adjustable? I prefer a 2 or 3mm.

OkieStubble

There are three models: 1MOA, 2.5MOA, and 5MOA. The bigger the dot, the more expensive the optic. The 2.5MOA is probably right up your alley.

I need to go see if Cabela's has one on the shelf I can look thru.

OkieStubble

Good idea. I looked through some at a gun show. Since I’m not competition shooting, or worthy of it yet, I wanted fast acquisition on center of mass.

You know what? I have been researching different RDS's to prepare for changing out my G19 Gen4 for the Gen5 MOS. I want a great view thru the RDS I get, but I also want it's frame to be low profile. However, what I really want?

I really want Glock to come out with a MOS version of the G48. And Glock needs to design, some reliable 15 rounders for it. Then I can research a low profile RDS for it! This is truly where I'm at. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
AMT Backup
CCI Lawman 180 gr. SJHP
Pocket carry

1593996398017.png

You know what? I have been researching different RDS's to prepare for changing out my G19 Gen4 for the Gen5 MOS. I want a great view thru the RDS I get, but I also want it's frame to be low profile. However, what I really want?

I really want Glock to come out with a MOS version of the G48. And Glock needs to design, some reliable 15 rounders for it. Then I can research a low profile RDS for it! This is truly where I'm at. :)

I can see that. They do have an aftermarket 15 round magazine for the G48. Been thinking of getting one for mine. You have to replace the magazine release with a metal one as the OEM release will tear up.

The slide is quite narrow, so I’d have to see an RDS with a wide enough window to be practicable. It would be nice, especially for appendix carry.

OkieStubble

I can see that. They do have an aftermarket 15 round magazine for the G48. Been thinking of getting one for mine. You have to replace the magazine release with a metal one as the OEM release will tear up.

The slide is quite narrow, so I’d have to see an RDS with a wide enough window to be practicable. It would be nice, especially for appendix carry.

Yeah, I have seen good and bad reviews of Shield Arms 15 round all steel magazine. I'll wait for a longer time to see if they make any changes and/or the majority of reviews, speak on the consensus of total reliability. If that happens, The 48 would not only offer everything the 19 does, but it will also offer the one thing that the 19 doesn't.

A slim, comfortable and concealable frame and slide. Put a red dot on top of that, it would make a couple of old guys like you and me, dance around like giddy school girls. ;)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm seriously considering the RMR with the 3.5 MOA dot, though I haven't seen it in person. I have a Burris FastFire that I believe has a 2 MOA dot and it is a little small, hard to find quickly. I hear mixed opinions on the larger dots. The 3.5 may just be the "Goldilocks" dot?

Yeah, I have seen good and bad reviews of Shield Arms 15 round all steel magazine. I'll wait for a longer time to see if they make any changes and/or the majority of reviews, speak on the consensus of total reliability. If that happens, The 48 would not only offer everything the 19 does, but it will also offer the one thing that the 19 doesn't.

A slim, comfortable and concealable frame and slide. Put a red dot on top of that, it would make a couple of old guys like you and me, dance around like giddy school girls. ;)

I agree with that!

I'm seriously considering the RMR with the 3.5 MOA dot, though I haven't seen it in person. I have a Burris FastFire that I believe has a 2 MOA dot and it is a little small, hard to find quickly. I hear mixed opinions on the larger dots. The 3.5 may just be the "Goldilocks" dot?

Yeah, my Holosun 507C-V2 has a 2MOA dot. It’s too small for me. The reticle is something like 62MOA and du tends 3” at 20 yards roughly. That combo works, but gets busy.

My RMR is 6.5MOA and my SROs are 5MOA. Both of those subtend a little more than a human heart at 100 yards. They work for me and give me something easy to pick up. I probably would like 3 to 4 for target shooting.

OkieStubble

Yeah, I don't get it. Some companies will offer a 2mm or 6mm and above, but it's hard to find a 3.5.

Top Bottom