What's new

What was the first shaving soap you ever used? And what was your first "fancy" soap?

1st: VDH Deluxe (readily available, and my first foray into non-goo shaving)

1st Fancy: Tabac

I tried T&H Ultimate Shave Cream before Tabac, as well as COB Green tube proraso before Tabac.

I still like the VDH. The Tabac is the first one that made me want to acquire more variety.

First soap was VDH Deluxe (bought the kit)

First fancy soap was Tabac (had to see if the raving was true.) I hated the scent at first, but have since grown to really enjoy it. :thumbup1:

First soap was C&E Sienna.

My first fancy soap was AOS Sandalwood. I used it pretty much exclusively until it was gone and now I'm working my way through a puck of AOS Lavender.

My first soap was either colgate or williams, I really don't remember it was around 1970 or 1971. My first fancy soap, or what I considered fancy, believe it or not was VDH years ago. My fancy soap now is pelengaham <----- or however you spell it, blooming boquet.

First soap was VDH Deluxe (bought the kit)

First fancy soap was Tabac (had to see if the raving was true.) I hated the scent at first, but have since grown to really enjoy it. :thumbup1:

Pretty similar story for me except, even though I bought the VDH kit and used that as my first brush, I tried the Tabac first because I expected it to be easier to lather. It is, but I'm pleased with both. I subsequently bought "fancier" C&E Sandalwood. It did not wow me although the scent does.

R

rum

My first soap was Trumper's Rose. I still have a puck today in the original wooden bowl that my first ever soap came in.

First fancy soap would have to be Creed Original Vetiver. But I guess it depends on the definition of 'fancy'...

I've been mostly a cream guy until recently. First and only soap tried so far is Gentlemen's Best. I've been using it for about a week, its fantastic!

My first soap was Tabac. It's still one of my favorites.

My first "fancy" soap was probably L'Occitane CADE. Also one of my favorites.

My 1st soap was Williams, and I used a lot of it.

My 1st "fancy" soap was one of the DR Harris soaps, or was it a T&H soap?

Top Bottom