What's new

What TV series you watching?

Just finished The Knick for the up-teenth time again.

It's one of the best series I've ever seen.

It's my favorite series of all time.

Although not perfect, it amazes me.

The details of the landscape, characters, the history, the cinematography, the acting, the medical situations and procedures, and wow, the emotions! I can't get enough.

I've never seen anything that comes close to comparing to it.

My wife and I watched the first episode of "Professor T" with Ben Miller, which was free (Prime?). It was pretty good. We like Ben Miller (Death In Paradise, Asylum). It's airing on PBS on regular tv, but we missed several episodes as Ep 4 airs this weekend. May have to buy the streaming version if PBS doesn't repeat it.

Yes... Episode 210 is where Barnabas is "released" from his coffin in the mausoleum by that grave robbin' Willie Loomis. However, Willie lives to regret it after he becomes Barnabas' personal blood bank.
In fairness, it was a daytime soap. There were 5 episodes a week. So Barnabas would have appeared in about week 42, 10 months into the show!

I'm currently working my way through Star Trek the next generation.
I caught the odd episode as a kid but never really gave it much notice despite being a huge fan of Sci-fi in general.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
At its best, it really was the "Wagon Train to the Stars" that Roddenberry described to the Network execs. There was action and adventure, but drama as well, with not every story ending on a happy note. Someone mentioned "Essential TNG" lists, and every fan would have a different one, but I'll bet the most memorable and well-done stories are on most people's lists.

I've been catching episodes of the 1980s cop show Hill Street Blues when I happen to wake up early.

Ted Lasso was (and season two, is) a pleasant surprise to me.

Leaving the point of view aside for some other forum, White Lotus should receive some sort of award for sound design. The soundtrack is visceral. The last time I thought to myself "the sound design on this show is amazing" was Rubicon, where I recall it was less in-your-face but subtly powerful.

Started rewatching Law & Order.

Since the pandemic I have been watching Sky News, Australia’s version of Fox News, thought that balance is needed.

Started Vera on Acorn with first season from 10 years ago.

Committed to finishing The Mire second season. Alternately interesting, depressing, gritty, infuriating.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Discovered the British version Professor T with Ben Miller.
he shaves with a DE razor in the show. Yeah.

My wife likes to watch Naked and Afraid. I read and don’t pay attention to the show but it is good background noise. So I guess I kinda watch it out of the corner of my eye but not a big fan.

Weird that my wife likes it as she would never go on the show or do a similar survival thing as she might break a nail, get a tick bite, have to eat something “gross”, etc. Maybe she enjoys watching people being tortured? Dunno. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom