What's new

What TV series you watching?

Have been enjoying Sisyphus: The Myth. Worth it if just for the frequent, perfect facial expressions of disdain by the female lead playing Gang Seo-hae. And after watching an episode of S2: The Mire the slightly goofy apocalyptic South Korean Sisyphus is an action-oriented palette cleanser.

Miss Linda and I are starting Season 4 of The Last Kingdom, the 9th-century epic about the war between Saxons and Danes in what would eventually be called "England." For some reason my 15-year-old DVD player keeps kicking the first disc back out without playing it -- though it plays other things without issue. We watched it on my Win 7 laptop.

Yesterday afternoon I took a YooToob flyer on an old half-hour Alfred Hitchcock Presents from 1960, "Escape to Sonoita." It features the young Burt Reynolds as half of a father-son truck driving concern, who while cooling off their truck in the AZ desert get involved with two criminals and the girl they've kidnapped. Murray Hamilton (the mayor in Jaws) and Harry Dean Stanton of Escape from New York play the criminals. Script by 1950s crime writer Bill S. Ballinger, and it holds your interest and conceals some surprises.

Loki is the only thing I'd say I'm currently "actively" watching. Outside of that, I'm in a bit of a rut. I have been going through some Star Trek TNG episodes when I can't think of anything else. Perhaps I need to give Witcher another episode to see if it strikes me...

Miss Linda and I are starting Season 4 of The Last Kingdom, the 9th-century epic about the war between Saxons and Danes in what would eventually be called "England." For some reason my 15-year-old DVD player keeps kicking the first disc back out without playing it -- though it plays other things without issue. We watched it on my Win 7 laptop.

Yesterday afternoon I took a YooToob flyer on an old half-hour Alfred Hitchcock Presents from 1960, "Escape to Sonoita." It features the young Burt Reynolds as half of a father-son truck driving concern, who while cooling off their truck in the AZ desert get involved with two criminals and the girl they've kidnapped. Murray Hamilton (the mayor in Jaws) and Harry Dean Stanton of Escape from New York play the criminals. Script by 1950s crime writer Bill S. Ballinger, and it holds your interest and conceals some surprises.
The Last Kingdom is good, I highly recommend you read the Saxon Stories series by Bernard Cornwell that it is based on.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Finished Yellowstone season 3. Really enjoy it although it’s one of those “yeah right, never happen in real life” dramas. Entertaining, cowboyish, and just good writing.

The Last Kingdom is good, I highly recommend you read the Saxon Stories series by Bernard Cornwell that it is based on.
I've taken the first in the series from the library! The local suburban library is good -- they have nearly all of Cornwell's Sharpe series and the Kingdoms, plus some other books he's written, all in uniform recent editions.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Finished Yellowstone season 3. Really enjoy it although it’s one of those “yeah right, never happen in real life” dramas. Entertaining, cowboyish, and just good writing.

Love that show. Season 4 is coming up.

200.gif

I just finished Breaking Bad again. I'm about to start Darklands and Pagan Peak.

Just finished Lupin, Part II. It is an okay entertainment. The characters are appealing and the plot kind of fun. Kind of neither fish nor fowl as to whether it is a drama or a comedy.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy

I was just going to say this. I'm a huge Cornwell fan after discovering his Sharpe series about 15 or so years back. For me he was the gateway to C.S. Forester's Hornblower books, Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series, and George MacDonald Fraser's Flashman books....

Agree about Cumberbatch, and Andrew Scott darn near steals the show. Brilliant casting all the way around.
Scott is amazingly well cast.

I also really like Martin Freeman’s Watson as well. I love socially awkward characters that can kick ***. Bonus for being sniper level with a gun. 👍

Top Bottom