What's new

What TV series you watching?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Just finished watching Keeping Faith from Britain. Not bad at all. Waiting for the second season to hit our Aussie shores.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Started watching Moone Boy on Hulu. Very funny, we'll continue on with this one.

Last edited:
Excellent! So episode 4 is going up? I admit that it has been nice being able to fully binge on various shows. This waiting around for each episode is old school and frustrating! :)

I would say the comparison to the first season of True Detective is apt. I hope they can keep up the quality of they have shown so far, for the entire first season, as I would say True Detective did. I tend to forget just how good the first season of TD really was.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Excellent! So episode 4 is going up? I admit that it has been nice being able to fully binge on various shows. This waiting around for each episode is old school and frustrating! :)

I would say the comparison to the first season of True Detective is apt. I hope they can keep up the quality of they have shown so far, for the entire first season, as I would say True Detective did. I tend to forget just how good the first season of TD really was.

It airs Sunday nights. I have it but havent watched it yet.

I'd call it close to season 1 of True Detective too. I'm a bit leery of Stephen King stories, they can go a bit to far and be cheesy sometimes, but so far its well done and creepy.

TD S01 is about as good as it gets.

I'd call it close to season 1 of True Detective too. I'm a bit leery of Stephen King stories, they can go a bit to far and be cheesy sometimes, but so far its well done and creepy.

I had not thought about it that way, but I think you are exactly right.

TD S01 is about as good as it gets.

True that! I completely agree. I would say the same about the original Twilight Zone.

Just watched The Outsider S1:E4. Seemed a tad ponderous. Kind of heavy on the atmospheric music. Perhaps it is a transitional episode.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
True that! I completely agree. I would say the same about the original Twilight Zone.

If you havent seen Homeland, you might try it. Its really good. Everything about it is top notch. I finished watching it through again for the third time last week. The 8th and final season starts Feb 9th. The story lines and writing is very clever and the acting is more than good enough to pull it off.

Just watched The Outsider S1:E4. Seemed a tad ponderous. Kind of heavy on the atmospheric music. Perhaps it is a transitional episode.

I agree, it was a bit flat and I'm not sure I like where its going, but we'll see how they carry it off. This is what worried me about it being a Stephen King story.

If you like the idea of where it seems to be going, check out Ghoul. It's only three episodes and is very well done.

Awesome series

Yeah, I agree. Love that show. Theres only one season left.

This is what worried me about it being a Stephen King story.

You may have been prescient I hope not, and I had not put the SK thing together before, but you may well have been right to worry.

I have been a big Homeland fan, although year to year I think it has been uneven, I suppose like most other shows. I did not realize a new season was starting. That is good news. I think a golden age of TV is continuing.

I will have to check out Ghoul.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have been a big Homeland fan, although year to year I think it has been uneven, I suppose like most other shows. I did not realize a new season was starting. That is good news. I think a golden age of TV is continuing.

It has been a bit uneven with the storyline changes. It could have better with the same storyline continuing for more than a single season but then it might have become tedious. I'm not sure how this final season will go. I'll miss Saul and his poker face lol, he's my favorite character.

The end of a long series is disconcerting. Binge watching a series like Game of Thrones from beginning to end can really leave one feeling a void.

So many good shows have ended or will be ending soon, Silicon Valley, Homeland, Ray Donovan et.al that its hard to imagine which shows of the same caliber will follow them.

Its still a bit sad thinking about House and Wilson riding off on their bikes at the end of that series lol.

I'll actually be finishing up the first season of each tonight. I really like the acting in Godfather of Harlem. I think Forest Whitaker is great in the role of Bumpy Johnson.

Top Bottom