What's new

What TV series you watching?

I watched the first episode of the new series of Top Gear on Sunday. It's not very good since the departure of Clarkson et al but I can't not watch it for some reason, lol. Anyhow, there was one funny moment. Chris Harris described a £600 SLK as the best convertible of the bunch because of its greater rigidity.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Watched the first episode of Avenue 5 last night. Really disappointed, we'll not be continuing with this one

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@The Knize

I watched ep5 of The Outsider last night. Its taken a decided turn in the direction of a supernatural horror, but it still seems to be very well done. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I started this last night.

I'm only one episode in, but it has potential.

The Americans on Amazon Prime. It’s an older show. We’re almost done with season three. It’s so good! I’d never even heard of it before we started it.

Sam Mendes: Life Cinematic

Very good documentary series on BBC4 in which directors discuss the films that have influenced them. Sam Mendes' analysis of the opening scene in Blue Velvet is insightful (if perhaps, without the entertaining style of Slavoj Zizek in the fantastic Perverts Guide to Cinema, still the best documentary on film I've seen.) and his explanations of the art of cinematography, dialogue and light were nothing short of revelatory.

Next episode; Edgar Wright. Should be worth watching.

Last edited:
This past weekend a neighbor had an emergency and asked me to watch her 5 year old son. He came with his stuffed animal, an orangutan. Raining, he asked if we could watch the orangutans on T V. I found a series on The Smithsonian Channel, The Orangutan Jungle School. Not to bore you guys much further, it's a New Zealand produced series about the rescue and eventual wild release of orphaned orangutans in conservation jungles in Borneo, very entertaining, informative and I sure saw similarities between us and them. Plus, one great babysitter!

Top Bottom