What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've got 6 tins of Blood Red Moon, 6 of Embassy, and 1 each of Anonymous and Conspiracy. I love them all and will be laying in more tins.

I'll try a tin of it. Thanks for the tip.

I have to stick with it cause I bought a rectal load of them. I'm enjoying them more as I go. I may end up mixing a little aro and/or latakia with them to amp the taste up a little. I'm having fun.

“Rectal load” is a new one lol.

Rectal load :lol:

I've been wanting to try the cult blends. Been very curious about them.

I was leary of trying an aromatic because they're what I smoked as a youngster, and they bit like a pit bull, probably due to their being cheap and my lack of proper technique. Since I'm now running with a more knowledgeable and sophisticated crowd and can trust their opinions on what's good and what isn't, I decided to give blood red moon a shot. I really liked it. There was little to no bite, no goop, smoked cool even at my up tempo sipping rhythm, loads of taste, and so far, no ghosting. Conspiracy and Embassy are equally as pleasant as BRM but in their own way. I taste hazelnut in many of the tobaccos I smoke and it's present in the Cult blends also, at least to my unrefined taste thingys.

Last edited:
I was leary of trying an aromatic because they're what I smoked as a youngster, and they bit like a pit bull, probably due to their being cheap and my lack of proper technique. Since I'm now running with a more knowledgeable and sophisticated crowd and can trust their opinions on what's good and what isn't, I decided to give blood red moon a shot. I really liked it. There was little to no bite, no goop, smoked cool even at my up tempo sipping rhythm, loads of taste, and so far, no ghosting. Conspiracy and Embassy are equally as pleasant as BRM but in their own way. I taste hazelnut in many of the tobaccos I smoke and it's present in the Cult blends also, at least to my unrefined taste thingys.

Cool! I'll remember to grab a tin of each of their blends to try :thumbup:

Do pouches count?

Opened a pouch of John Bull english blend today. Quite enjoy it, and I will be purchasing more! A nice light english blend that burns cool and satisfies without over-powering my palate.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Do pouches count?

Opened a pouch of John Bull english blend today. Quite enjoy it, and I will be purchasing more! A nice light english blend that burns cool and satisfies without over-powering my palate.

Certainly pouches count! When the thread was created, I just didn't want to list off every type of receptacle available in the title. :lol: Any pipe tobacco being opened qualifies for this thread. That John Bull sounds like a nice smoke! :thumbup1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I hear you. I guess my tastes are less refined because I’m finding the vapers sort of one dimensional and hard on the tongue.
I can't do fresh perique, and I think there are a few of us in that boat. Fresh it is too harsh, get some age on it and it is pretty dang good.

Certainly pouches count! When the thread was created, I just didn't want to list off every type of receptacle available in the title. :lol: Any pipe tobacco being opened qualifies for this thread. That John Bull sounds like a nice smoke! :thumbup1:

P&C has it CHEAP right now! I can't see how an english lover would not appreciate the low cost! Its pleasurable for when you don't want to be knocked over and just want to enjoy a pipe and think.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I cracked my first tin of Dunhill London Mixture, not sure if I liked it, so I ordered some more!

Just cracked open three tins for mmm. Figured it was time to try a few of them haha.

Dunhill Nightcap
Frog morton on the town
McClelland St. James Woods

So what did you think of each blend?

They are all quite nice!

Nightcap is interesting. I expected a heavy blend but I didn't find it that heavy to be honest. It was very good. Definitely got the latakia. A little nic hit for me at the end of the bowl. Weirdly after the bowls I got the virginia grassy flavor that lingered in my mouth lol.

Frog morton on the town is also good. Pretty light but tasty. I did taste a little of that vanilla taste. Maybe just a little sweetness. Definitely a latakia blend that could be smoked all day.

St. James woods was excellent. Vingary ketchup that everyone talks about with McClelland virgina blends. I believe this tin was a few years old (2015 I think). Very tasty and smooth. Great flavor from the virginias and just a little spice from the perique.

They all were delicious. Too bad they all are dissapearing :(. Oh well though. There are lots of other blends to try from other makers too.

Top Bottom