What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Cool thread idea, Erik...now we can catch the tins coming and going. :laugh:

Last night I cracked open a tin of Escudo from 2011.

Just opened a Christmas Cheer 2017. I need to know what they're like fresh so I know how much better the other 4 are as they age...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I think I'm going to try to go through a bunch of what I already have opened before I open more. I probably have 10 dadgum tins open at the moment.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I do have 10 dadgum tins open at the moment. :bored:
Ha! I just went and looked. Nine, but I polished off a tin of Artisan's Blend a few days ago.

One is a tin of Early Day that I must've opened several months ago, smoked one bowl of, and then promptly forgot about. I smoked two bowls of it, yesterday, and moisture is perfect. I might have to burn through it, 3017 style. It's just gorgeous stuff.

Last edited:
Ha! I just went and looked. Nine, but I polished off a tin of Artisan's Blend a few days ago.

One is a tin of Early Day that I must've opened several months ago, smoked one bowl of, and then promptly forgot about. I smoked two bowls of it, yesterday, and moisture is perfect. I might have to burn through it, 3017 style. It's just gorgeous stuff.
Yeah, I've got a couple that have been in jars for a while now. They just seem to get passed over. Might have to start trying to get that number down.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Cool thread idea, Erik...now we can catch the tins coming and going. :laugh:

Last night I cracked open a tin of Escudo from 2011.

^^^What he said, except that my jar of Escudo is only 2 years old. I have a new tin that's only a year old so I think I'll leave it for awhile. I'll just finish off my baby two year old Escudo tonight.

I think I'm going to try to go through a bunch of what I already have opened before I open more. I probably have 10 dadgum tins open at the moment.

I do have 10 dadgum tins open at the moment. :bored:

Man, I seem to average 20-25 opened jars at any given time. lol

In the last week I opened a tin of Hearth and Home Vipprati and a tin of Dunhill Three year Matured. I like both blends, but not really anything I'll pick up more of to stock away. I have one tin more of the Three Year, I'll leave that stashed for now once I finish off the open one.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I just opened a tin of Dunhill Nightcap that I got on my birthday. Don't know how old it is cuz I just got it.

Smoked a bowl last night with a glass of Sandeman Ruby Port after dinner. All that nicotine and 19% wine & brandy goodness hit me at the exact same time.

Man, was I high..... High! :) Went straight to bed like an old man, woke up 10 years younger. :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Although I probably won't get around to smoking any of in until tomorrow, I cracked a tin of 2012 G.L. Pease Westminster that I got yesterday.

Not a tin/jar, but I picked up an ounce of HH Arcadian Perique from the bulk jar at a B&M that I dropped into a jar and put into the "Opened" category to smoke. Trying to determine if I want to pick up a bulk bag to get into the cellar or not. Did the same with an ounce of Bullseye Flake. The last time I had it, I didn't care for it, but that was a long time back, before I started to really enjoy VA/VAPers at all. Now they are topping my fav blend style list.

C&D Corn Cob Pipe, it's a cube cut Burley aro that didn't disappoint this old piper. One of my favorite things about pipe smoking is getting compliments on my smoke. When your 4 year old niece that barely speaks to you because you're the big burly scary uncle tells you that it smells delicious, well that's a keeper in my book. It tastes great too.

Enjoy that! I haven't had anything over 8. Although I imagine it doesn't matter between 8-10 years. I was looking at this thread to give me some idea of what to crack open. I've had the same 5 in rotation all fall. I want to change it up. I ramble. too much coffee today! :001_smile
A 10 year old tin of McClelland Blackney's Best Acadian Ribbon

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Enjoy that! I haven't had anything over 8. Although I imagine it doesn't matter between 8-10 years. I was looking at this thread to give me some idea of what to crack open. I've had the same 5 in rotation all fall. I want to change it up. I ramble. too much coffee today! :001_smile

Thanks! Actually, I cracked it because I wanted to change things up as well. I have 9 open containers, but 4 of them have only a few bowls left. As for the other tins/jars, they're nothing terrible, but just stuff that I'm not too excited about right now. This will be the oldest tobacco that I've tried.

Top Bottom