What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

From my very first shave with this razor it has been so smooth and it handles like a dream. No weepers, no irritation just a very fine three pass BBS shave every time. Since I stopped being stupid trying to keep some sort of rotation order in my large collection this one has got far more attention.

20220127_070957.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Yesterday I put my George Butler "Shakespeare" No. 3 through a full pasted balsa strop progression to see if I could get it up to the shaving standard of my Revisor 6-0035. This morning I shaved with the G Butler to see if I had succeeded.

Face lathering with tallow Tabac and a Chinese synthetic badger brush, I shaved with the G Butler. Three passes of WTG, XTG+fool's pass and a second XTG in the opposite direction gave me my expected DFS+ result with no skin damage or irritation. The fool's pass showed me that the G Butler was now matching the Revisor.

All is good in my life.

DSCF0367.JPG

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
King Pelican razor,freshly honed,diamond balsa finish(0.5 0.25 0.1) exactly like rbscebus razor :)
Razorock Stallion(amazing scent),Old Spice aftershave,Semogue boar brush.
Keep on doing full pasted balsa progressions between each shave with this SR until you notice no further improvement. Then you can drop back to 0.1μm hanging balsa only after each shave. Don't forget the pull strokes and the final short X strokes. Those short X strokes are a game-changer for comfort with such a keen edge.

Another first shave, perhaps the last for awhile as my RAD seems to be more under control?
I got this Henry Sears & Son ”Gentleman’s Razor 360” from my father’s SO. It belonged to her grandfather. It had a bit of rust that needed removing. The edge had looked relatively clean, but as often the case the corrosion left the edge looking like Swiss Cheese when I set the bevel. When I finally finished honing it was still snagging the felt cube a little, but that must have been due to corrosion on the bevel but off the edge. Today’s one pass shave was fine, no irritation and about as close as I usually manage on a 1-pass. 2 photos, one as received and then right before today’s shave.
513E6E19-1923-4E86-A600-06AD56AEF648.jpeg
8462E19D-9161-4629-83EE-863C825AB648.jpeg

Top Bottom