What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

This wasn't up in the rotation but it suggested itself...no regrets! It seems to really shine with an ark edge.

20220126_062200.jpg

#25-Friedrich Baurmann & Sohne "Comfort 40" - Cella, a vintage Fuller Badger knot & Clubman - I had extra time this morning, so why not? 2 DFS SR shaves over two days, zero irritation=Veddy Nice! It's the first straight I purchased and honed, and it shaves great; so it's odd that I never think to snap a photo until after everything is cleaned up and put away. Maybe it's just a reflection of it's no frills, "just here for the shave, sir," attitude and workaday appearance.
comfort 40.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning's shave was with my Revisor 6-0035. Face lathered with tallow Tabac and Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brush.

With my normal passes of WTG, XTG+fool's pass and a second XTG in the opposite direction, I achieved my desired DFS+ result. What I did notice was that this Revisor is slightly better with the fool's pass than the George Butler "Shakespeare" was yesterday. I will put the George Butler through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression today to see if I can get it up to the Revisor's standard for next shave.

IMG_20211004_095916.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom