What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

The first day of the new year deserves something special as well. This is Old Granny ERN. One of the worlds first truly hollow ground razors and perhaps the very first razor with a festone spine. It is at least 130 years old an comes with a five year warranty as the etching states. I'm very careful with this old lady.

View attachment 713222
That's a museum piece Arne. Nice way to start off your Year. Happy New Year to you and your son. Cheers!

~Royce

That's a museum piece Arne. Nice way to start off your Year. Happy New Year to you and your son. Cheers!

~Royce
Thank you Royce. It indeed is a museum piece, and I take care of her as good as I can. I do wish you and your family a very Happy New Year as well. Please do me a great favour: keep posting.

The first day of the new year deserves something special as well. This is Old Granny ERN. One of the worlds first truly hollow ground razors and perhaps the very first razor with a festone spine. It is at least 130 years old an comes with a five year warranty as the etching states. I'm very careful with this old lady.

View attachment 713222
Exemplary piece of shaving history!
Have a great year, brother.

C.F. Wolfertz & Co., Allentown, Penn.,
Modified and rescaled in heirloom figured walnut.

$IMG_20170101_145904752.jpg

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
From member "Croaker" years ago on SRP, this little bit of History...If anyone else has a C.F. Wolfertz razor, which were made in Allentown PA under various reorganiziations of the company from 1862-1944, please post pictures of them! They were made of high quality American steel, and it is interesting that when C.F. Wolfertz first set up his cutlery factory, he used dogs to power the grinding wheels! I can only imagine the clatter of machinery and the cacophony of barking dogs, heard daily in the shop. Later he converted to steam. This piece of history came from an article in a free Google e-book called "Manufacturing and Mercantile Resources of the Lehigh Valley", which goes into much detail about the company operations and history.

C.F. Wolfertz & Co., Allentown, Penn.,
Modified and rescaled in heirloom figured walnut.

View attachment 713312

From member "Croaker" years ago on SRP, this little bit of History...If anyone else has a C.F. Wolfertz razor, which were made in Allentown PA under various reorganiziations of the company from 1862-1944, please post pictures of them! They were made of high quality American steel, and it is interesting that when C.F. Wolfertz first set up his cutlery factory, he used dogs to power the grinding wheels! I can only imagine the clatter of machinery and the cacophony of barking dogs, heard daily in the shop. Later he converted to steam. This piece of history came from an article in a free Google e-book called "Manufacturing and Mercantile Resources of the Lehigh Valley", which goes into much detail about the company operations and history.

Thanks for the history info.....good read!

Very interesting! Thank you so much for the info.

Exemplary piece of shaving history!
Have a great year, brother.
Thank you. I wish you the same and hope that this year will be the start of a very successful high quality horse hair shaving brush industri. I'd be the first waiting in line to buy one with a wooden handle signed by the Master.

Top Bottom