What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Looks like I bought a Muhle Rocca R95 (birch handle) in the wee hours from shavin.ie in Ireland. ;) Thought about the whole set but I really just wanted the razor.
The birch handles are the only non-metallic ones that REALLY tempt me. Be sure to post pics my friend, please!

full

I thought that was an Avon product too! They oughta fire that guy that wrote up that sticker!

That should be some REALLY fine smelling juice my friend!
Haven't been able to get a whiff of it yet as the cap is on wicked tight. Don't want to try pliers on it yet. Might run it under some hot water first.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Haven't been able to get a whiff of it yet as the cap is on wicked tight. Don't want to try pliers on it yet. Might run it under some hot water first.
Yes, water should be no issue. That thing may be close to 45 years since it was opened. It will blow away today's version of Old Spice.

Oh, I already forgot - I bought an R41 with the tortoise handle on sale at Muhle Shaving. For $11 more than the head alone, I get a cool handle.

Acquisition disorder indulgence

A trip over to Maggard’s today - always a pleasure to chat with Brad and crew about all things whisker removal. Today’s loot….
  1. Ralph Aust 5/8 Spanish point with horn scales
  2. 2-band SHD badger knot, 22 mm
  3. G5 knot, 22 mm
  4. SV Mirto di Sardegnia
  5. A&E Dos Dalagas Barbera
81F6EE8D-449E-4080-ABD5-81946FDE21D2.jpeg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I recently acquired Hygge soap on a BST. Honest question: does anyone else think Hygge smells like Arko?

Not intending to start a flame war. I used it last night and it is almost indistinguishable from Arko. Just wondering if anyone else perceives a similarity.
It's been a While since I used Arko. So at this point it's hard to compare. But I never has a problem with the scent of Arko.

Reactions: ewk
How about this weekends acquisitions?

Ever Ready 300 lucite handle brush.
Albright Rubberset LA150 lucite handle brush.
Star Silver Star DE razor, gold plated.
Gillette early Super Speed.
Gillette 1941 Ranger Tech. Found here on the B&B.

Just got a pack of Astra razors. I think the last pack lasted me a year and a half. I don't shave everyday, but man, that's some cost savings compared to modern razors.

I was shopping today and realized that while I had plenty of cream and a backup can of Barbasol on hand, I was out of cartridges for my favorite handle, and also any of my other handles, so naturally I bought a Van Der Hagen DE (in fairness, I was completely out of DE supplies too).

Top Bottom