What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I hadn't picked up any soaps lately so I got some:

Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Scottish Heather sample
Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Russian Leather sample
Long Rifle Soaps sample pack

Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender ( full puck)
Mike's Natural Soaps Lime sample
Mike's Natural Soaps Bay Rum sample

I'm going to make a Lime Bay Rum soap with the Mike's samples, it is a great combo!

Sweet new acrylic brush from Brad Sears. The handle is his Chalice shape with a three band super bulb knot. The pics were sent to me from Brad.

bradacryl.jpg
Bradacrylbak.jpg

That’s a sweet brush, Pat.

Just ordered the following blades, one packet of each;

Polsilver Super Iridium
Perma-sharp
Gillette Nacet
Gillette 7 o’clock Sharp Edge (Yellow)
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra SP (Green)
Voskhod

I’ve only ever tried Derby Extras and Feathers so I’ll be doing a little bit of blade sampling soon.

That’s a sweet brush, Pat.

Just ordered the following blades, one packet of each;

Polsilver Super Iridium
Perma-sharp
Gillette Nacet
Gillette 7 o’clock Sharp Edge (Yellow)
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra SP (Green)
Voskhod

I’ve only ever tried Derby Extras and Feathers so I’ll be doing a little bit of blade sampling soon.
Thank you sir. Brad is a true master craftsman. I've used most of the blades on your list. Nacet, GSB, Astra SP, and Feather are my top 4. I like GSB and Nacet enough that I stocked up on a few years' worth. My new problem is that I tried a single edge razor and am now hooked on that. You're probably never going to use Derby again.

Thank you sir. Brad is a true master craftsman. I've used most of the blades on your list. Nacet, GSB, Astra SP, and Feather are my top 4. I like GSB and Nacet enough that I stocked up on a few years' worth. My new problem is that I tried a single edge razor and am now hooked on that. You're probably never going to use Derby again.

The Derby Extras are long gone, which has left me using my endless supply of Feathers exclusively for a while now. It will be interesting to change it up and try out some different blades. Everyone seems to enjoy most of the blades I have chosen, so we shall see what I like best.

A few more purchases have been made this afternoon, I now have some MWF and Tabac soaps in the post, as well as a new pot of Cella to replace my finished pot and a Semogue 1438.

I’ve scratched the itch now, no more spending money on shave gear.

Bought two bowls from IKEA that I hope will be excellent for lathering. A "BLANDA BLANK" stainless steel bowl and an "IKEA 365+" porcelain bowl. Figured that I'd buy one of both when I was first buying something. To compare what I would like the most.

The stainless steel one wasn't at my local IKEA though, so this entire thing was an order over the web.

Also bought two "IKEA 365+" plastic containers at the same time. So I can get myself some shaving soap pucks. Without having to spend extra for the containers they come in. When I move over to pucks.
proxy.php

And now I play the waiting game for the order to arrive.

Last edited:
Feather ProGuard blades and Kai Titan Pinks. Love my new Feather SS, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with different blades.
Did you get the folding SS or the kamisori?

I had a kamisori on loan for about a month and really liked it. I'm thinking, though, about purchasing the folding model.

I just placed an order from Stirling. Stirling Blu soap, aftershave and EDT and a Margaritas in the Arctic bar soap and shampoo bar.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My wife and I were at the mall, The Avenues in Jacksonville, FL, and there was a new soap store, Soaphisticated. We went in because my daughter loves smelling stuff, three years old.

Anyway, as my wife was checking out I asked about shaving soaps, and the gentleman informed me that he uses enough fats in his soap that they make a good shaving soap. So, I went back and picked out a scent. Ended up with Mississippi Mud, while my daughter picked a soap scent called Monkey Farts. The five year old inside me couldn’t stop giggling at that one.

Anyway, I’m going to try it out tomorrow. I’m hopeful.

https://thesoaphisticated.com/

Found this wooden "goblet" thing in a Goodwill for 50 cents, so I instamatically snatched it up as a shave bowl... took it home and dropped a puck of Williams down in it... worked like a charm! I love the "stem" of the goblet which acts as a perfect handle while lathering.
20190713_181807.jpg
20190713_181820.jpg

Top Bottom