What's new

What razor should I try next?

I have tried alot of razors, and the one I use the most is the Gillette toggle on setting 7. I find this to be my true Nirvana when it comes to lather and blade. i find it really agressive, and can get DFS and BBS one only two passes. With it, I feel nothing but the blade flowing graciously against my face removing my whiskers effortlessly.

Does anybody have any suggestions on another razor that I might find truly great?

I have shaved with the bull mastiff with the new head, fat boy, slim, tech, superspeed, and many more.

Should I maybe try a slant?

has anybody tried a slant with the Bull mastiff handle?

I think everybody should probably at least try a slant at some point. Not my favorite razor in the world, but it is unique (and it is a favorite of many).

How about a Single Edge? My favorite and a favorite of many is the 1912 GEM and Ever Ready varieties. Aggressive compared to many DEs and after a little practice, they give fantastic shaves.

try a Pils - unlike anything you've ever held

proxy.php

Try the Merkur Sledgehammer Slant. It is a great shave and the Sledgehammer version has a larger handle and more weight to it. It feels nicely balanced.

Slant Slant Slant. I got a vintage Slant about a month ago and have been in love with it. I can understand that not everybody likes them but at least should try them. You can always sell it if it is not to your liking.

Have you tried an open comb razor? Your picture shows a closed comb, and I have seen people write that an open comb is between a closed comb and slant in aggressiveness. I have a Merkur 12C, which is the open comb version of the 38C. I get more satisfying results with it than with a closed comb (Edwin Jagger 89L). The weight might have something to do with it though - the 12C is 4 oz, which is heavy.

Yes, infact i have tried an open comb. I freequently shave with a Gillette new standard head on my Bull Mastiff. I was thinking about ordering a slant today

xbostonirishx you are shaving gourmet. :001_smile

No...... I like to call myself a shaving Dork! LOL.... there are far better gentlemen here who I would consider gourmets before considering myself.

I did however buy The Merkur Heavy Duty 37 C. Out of all the razors i have owned over the past year, about 50 probably, this is only my third brand new one.

I can't wait for it to get here.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I have tried alot of razors, and the one I use the most is the Gillette toggle on setting 7. I find this to be my true Nirvana when it comes to lather and blade. i find it really agressive, and can get DFS and BBS one only two passes. With it, I feel nothing but the blade flowing graciously against my face removing my whiskers effortlessly.

Does anybody have any suggestions on another razor that I might find truly great?

I have shaved with the bull mastiff with the new head, fat boy, slim, tech, superspeed, and many more.

Should I maybe try a slant?

has anybody tried a slant with the Bull mastiff handle?

For the best, but boring shave, how about an Injector? See here for last week's schickness http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117535&page=3

Top Bottom